“A Good Way Of Life”

Northfields Bed and Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Northfields Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #205 of 563 London B&B and Inns
Reviewed 2 September 2010

That was a good place to be.
My friends and I came for the Notting Hill Carnival. So we didn't stay all night long in our room.
The service and the breakfast was good. Our room was clean.
The only thing i can say about the place, is that it's a little bit far from the center of London.
But it was our fault to not have searched a nearest place earlier
The neighbourhood is quiet. Nothing wrong to say.

Thank you to Deirdre to receive us.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Northfields Bed and Breakfast

Reviewed 25 August 2010

Feels like travelling back in time before everyone 'modernised' their own properties (this is a privately owned house). Great landlady.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 October 2009

Well placed B and B, close to Piccadilly(Heathrow) line in quiet street. Good caffs and pubs in main street. Homely service. When in the UK again we will use again.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 September 2009

We planned a one time stay at Northfields but enjoyed our stay so much we returned for two more stays making it our 'jump-off" point during our summer holiday in England this summer........We loved..... the comfortable beds...the always plentiful hot water for showering.....the freshly made fruit salad at breakfast....& more....From the onset, Deirdre ( the owner ) was very welcoming .....letting us arrive directly from the airport ( early....well before most check-in times ).....Her friendliness & helpfulness was much appreciated & added a great deal to our stay in London....
The Northfields area is about 1/2 hour by tube to London center & provides a quieter, more restful change of pace. Also, it is on the Piccadilly line - the direct line, 7 or so stops from Heathrow making it very handy for arriving & departing from London.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 June 2009

Nicely decorated, clean, the owner and her son are friendly, but not obtrusive. It's quiet and clean and like staying with friends.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank gazregan
Reviewed 1 May 2009

This is very much a B&B, not a hotel, but if you were looking for a hotel you probably wouldn't be in Ealing anyway. I found it online and booked in order to attend an evening function in the City after work and then stay overnight before making an early start at work in W5 the next day. Deirdre is a charming and welcoming hostess, her house is comfortable without making you feel you can't touch anything (the decor is tasteful plain wood and a William Morris feel), and the sounds of her son ably practising his violin could be very agreeably heard in the distance when I arrived late in the afternoon. My room was comfortable, quiet and (since I chose to make it so) well ventilated. I was able to let myself in without bother at midnight or so and slept very well in a bed that was a godsend for someone with intermittent back problems. The bathroom was immaculately clean. Breakfast was more in the healthy than the 'full English' direction, but generous in quantity and enhanced by a delightful conversation with Deirdre about life, music (my profession), London, her family and many other things besides. This is an ideal place to stay if you need to avoid 60-mile commute home late at night and a return journey very early the next day. I'm very glad to have found it and have no hesitation in recommending it, though I hope this won't mean it's full next time I try to book! Deirdre even drove me to the tube when I left. The price was very reasonable and I felt anyway that I arrived as a guest and left as a friend, as I imagine everyone does. Look no further..

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 April 2009

I had to travel here from up north for work in London, and spent 2 nights a week for six weeks. Before I arrived, the owner was very communicative - whenever I left an email she would get back to me very quickly, and so it was very easy arranging the bookings, arrival times etc. The rooms were clean and aesthetically pleasing, beds were extremely comfy, and breakfast was nutritious and fresh, including a fruit salad which she makes from non - tin sources. Its in a nice area, easily accesible for public transport, and lots of parking spaces around the house. Also, there are lots of restaurants/supermarkets on the local high street, so very easy to get food on whatever budget.

This B%B is perfect for those who need to work in London - its like a second home, but its also perfect for couples, singles, family's who just need to be in London. Takes a lot of the stress away, and I for one definitely prefer it to other hotels and B&B's I have experienced. I will be back!

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled on business