“Beautifully Relaxed Dining”

The Ivy Tower Bridge
Reserve with OpenTable
The Ivy Tower Bridge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3,411 of 25,296 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$26 - US$105
Neighbourhood: Southwark
Description: The Ivy Tower Bridge is an all-day British brasserie serving modern British & international Ivy-inspired classics.
Reviewed 22 August 2017

My wife and I went there on a Sunday Evening to celebrate our wedding anniversary and the whole dining experience could not have been bettered.

To start off with there was a nice array of gin cocktails to start the evenign off with. Marie had the Victorian Fizz which is gin and grapefruit juice with a little blood orange sorbet and cone on the side. Mine was a Beefeater Martini - Gin with Rhubard and Cranberry. Ok a looked a little girlie for a bloke of my shape and size but it was delicious.

We then had a starter each: my wife had the Crisoy Duck Salad and from the taste I had of it that was a good choice. I was not as hungry as usual so had the Soft Goat's Cheese Salad which was also very good. It was just a little short of excellent though as the cheese is almost a puree or foam and lacked just a little punch. But it really was good for all that and very nice and light. I had to leave room for my main plate.

My main was the Aromatic Duck Curry and it was absolutly terrific and I just about finished it but wanted it again. Marie had the Crab Linguine and just about managed it all - it looked good but I was not allowed to taste it.

We had all this with a bottle of Sauvignon Blanc - they have a long wine list here and that was as far as I got.

All this left us too full to have a desert but settled for a coffee and brandy.

The service was really excellent - attentitive and polite, not intrusive or fussy - exceedingly professional and welcoming from the moment you set foot in the door to the moment we left.

We were sat indoors which was just as well as the evening was a little chilly and raining but had we been outside the patio heaters and parasols would have kept you wanr and dry. They also provide blankets should you need them.

Even sat inside you still get a wonderful view of the City, Tower Bridge and the Tower of London on the opposite bank. The interior of the restaurant is woth looking at too.

This was a wonderful evening and was rounded off by the delivery of hand decorated chocolate with "Happy Anniversary" piped on to it. A very nice touch indeed.

Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

First time ever been to the Ivy i had breakfast there at 9 o'clock One of the best breakfast I've ever for a long time The staff were fantastic

Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

Wonderful location, wonderful view of Tower Bridge and over the Thames to the Tower of London. Excellent decor too.
Unfortunately the service was very slow and a couple of our dishes were below par. The lamb shoulder though was delicious.
We have recently visited both The Ivy at Cobham and Wimbledon Village and found them both to be memorable evenings. Here the sense of occasion was regrettably just not there. Teething problems perhaps?

Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

Took my friends for a dinner. Amazing place, amazing view and with great food. Service was quick and with good quality of food!

Reviewed 20 August 2017

This is local to us and although we see Tower Bridge and river every day it was lovely to dine on the first floor looking at the views. The restaurant had only opened one week so was quieter, but suspect it will get busy. Service was as always excellent (but maybe a little too over attentive asking how food was when we had one mouthful) and food was really good. Top quality and not to mean on portions.