“Nice and intimate restaurant ”
Review of L'Assaggino

L'Assaggino
Ranked #18,537 of 25,591 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$13 - US$25
Description: A newly established Italian Fresh Pasta Restaurant with traditional values- fresh food, simple ingredients and good wine. We only use fresh, carefully sourced and seasonal ingredients to make all our beautiful, rustic dishes. A convivial atmosphere, great wines, faultless service and a warm heart - are proving a winning formula in a neighbourhood overrun with soulless chains. Find L’assaggino on a quaint cobbled street, a Grade 2 listed building off Richmond Green. Enjoy fresh homemade pasta & authentic Italian cuisine from our Sardinian Chef. Fresh locally produced food with a small frequently changing menu.
Reviewed 24 October 2017 via mobile

It's a small and very cosy restaurant close to Richmond high street.

We had the mussels as a starter - very well cooked and extremely fresh!

For main, I had the tagliatelle with king prawns - the pasta was excellent, but the prawns were farmed and not wild caught which makes a big difference in the quality of the dish. My wife had the raviolis and they were very good.

For desert we shared a tiramisu and it was really soft and tasty.

All around a great place to go, not excellent because of the farmed prawns.

Date of visit: October 2017

Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

I live in Kew (localish) and only recently found this amazing restaurant with my family. This was our first time and it certainly won’t be our last- the food was so delicious and the service was great so we’ll be coming back for more. I had the penne arrabbiata which I recommend to anyone. This hidden gem was definitely a welcome treat and I really hope to be back here often with my partner.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed 30 September 2017 via mobile

I’ ve been with a couple of friend of mine there and was such a busy night, with no booking there were no space in there so I came back just for a bottle of wine and a tiramisu, was ok, to be onest not the best I be ever eaten but ok. Nice location and good atmosphere.

Reviewed 29 September 2017

It's great to have a local, small, friendly restaurant with a menu expansive enough to give good choice but not too big to mean most of the food comes from the freezer.

Our experience was of quick and friendly service in a small but attractive downstairs room with perhaps 12 to 14 covers but more upstairs if it gets busy. The 'cosiness' is quite attractive and you feel that you are being looked after.

The menu has plenty of good pasta and seafood choices but no fish or veal (on this occasion). No problem for us as I ate mainly vegetarian and my wife seafood - both of which were excellent. The food was freshly prepared and tasty - not over seasoned or over cooked. The seafood particularly was cooked - just so. There was a good choice of wine - just right for a small establishment.

If you want a table for more than 4 people - you should book ahead.

This is a fairly new venture and a definite improvement over previous restaurants at this spot.

Reviewed 27 September 2017 via mobile

Great place - bolognese and tagliatelle were fantastic. Service really nice, chef knows her pasta. Highly recommend.

1  Thank Seaside583718