“Great Italian restaurant in Richmond”
Review of L'Assaggino

L'Assaggino
Ranked #18,226 of 27,214 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$13 - US$26
Description: A newly established Italian Fresh Pasta Restaurant with traditional values- fresh food, simple ingredients and good wine. We only use fresh, carefully sourced and seasonal ingredients to make all our beautiful, rustic dishes. A convivial atmosphere, great wines, faultless service and a warm heart - are proving a winning formula in a neighbourhood overrun with soulless chains. Find L’assaggino on a quaint cobbled street, a Grade 2 listed building off Richmond Green. Enjoy fresh homemade pasta & authentic Italian cuisine from our Sardinian Chef. Fresh locally produced food with a small frequently changing menu.
Reviewed 8 January 2018

We found this delightful restaurant when it first opened in July when we visited twice on a 2 night break to Richmond. We were so impressed that it was our chosen restaurant for another 2 night break at the end of September. On this occasion we were greeted by America the owner. America was very welcoming and interesting to talk to and demonstrated her love of Italian food as she talked us through the slightly changed menu. The food was excellent, the wine quaffable and all reasonably priced. Service very good and the atmosphere warm and relaxed. The food is simple but delicious, perfect portion size and we are enjoying slowly working our way through all the dishes. Regrettably my husband and I live elsewhere in the country I usually travel down from North Wales so cannot use this lovely restaurant as our regular go to... lucky for those in Richmond its on their doorstep! We are visiting Richmond again next week so cannot wait to visit our favourite Italian restaurant once again.

Date of visit: September 2017
1  Thank YellowCollar

Reviewed 7 January 2018 via mobile

I visited again but this time with my kids. I absolutely love this little restaurant - it makes me feel like I’m in Italy. It’s quaint and authentic and as someone else said - a hidden gem!

My kids had the spaghetti bolognaise and both of them (6 & 13) said how delicious it was (yay!) and then they had the chocolate pie/cake desert with ice cream and they couldn’t stop saying how yummy it was! To me this is a great success as my kids were really well behaved too! They were truly satisfied with their meals.

I had the calamari for starter and to add to the “normalness of calamari” the sauce they serve it in was totally delicious and moreish!

I had the special of the day which was small ravioli with spinach and walnut & ricotta in a yummy cream sauce topped with rocket (similar to the usual ravioli but smaller sized pockets). It was plate licking good!!!!

I cannot wait to return with my husband - this is a restaurant to go to any time as it caters for a family lunch to a romantic evening out. I wish I lived closer!!!

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 31 December 2017

I can't say enough great things about this little hidden gem of a place. Manolo was our server. His expertise of the menu items allowed for us to make an educated decision, and the food was absolutely delicious, with the calamari starter in particular, just amazing! Not only was his service impeccable, but many of his peers were quick to refill our wine, bread, and so forth. They have a way of making you feel like you're eating a meal from home. We finished with the White Chocolate cake which was just a perfect ending to the meal and evening.

The food was terrific, the service was great, and the pricing was reasonable. We will be back!!!

Reviewed 31 December 2017

A very small and intimate italian. Menu is not too long a few simple dishes very well cooked. Two of us had the pappardelle with lamb ragu.... fab and home made pasta.

Service is just good and not overly expensive. 3 people 2 courses each and a bt of fizz was £88. Doesn't seem unreasonable to me.

Reviewed 22 December 2017

had an excellent meal for my wife's birthday, booked via opentable after strong reviews. well thought out menu, excellent pasta, and seafood dishes. Friendly, attentive staff, 14 covers downstairs and similar upstairs provides a cosy environment. Will be returning and would not hesitate to recommend.