“Tiny and cozy”
Review of L'Assaggino

L'Assaggino
Ranked #18,533 of 25,591 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$13 - US$25
Description: A newly established Italian Fresh Pasta Restaurant with traditional values- fresh food, simple ingredients and good wine. We only use fresh, carefully sourced and seasonal ingredients to make all our beautiful, rustic dishes. A convivial atmosphere, great wines, faultless service and a warm heart - are proving a winning formula in a neighbourhood overrun with soulless chains. Find L’assaggino on a quaint cobbled street, a Grade 2 listed building off Richmond Green. Enjoy fresh homemade pasta & authentic Italian cuisine from our Sardinian Chef. Fresh locally produced food with a small frequently changing menu.
Reviewed 30 March 2018

The food was very nice and the service was good , we choose the pasta which was lovely just would have liked a slightly bigger piece. The place is so cozy, feels like at home

Reviewed 25 March 2018

We enjoyed an early dinner here before attending Richmond Theatre.
The menu is limited, but authentically Italian and everything we had was lovely.

Beautiful light pasta, delicious sauces and succulent meats. We had a very pleasant window table, very attentive waitress who was knowledgeable and recommended dishes.
The restaurant is tiny, small seating area downstairs and some extra seating upstairs, I would imagine booking advisable unless you eat early.
The toilets were up two levels via some steep stairs...anyone elderly may find this tricky.

i recommend this restaurant for theatre goers as its very convenient, or just for a very pleasant meal for lunch or dinner. A real find which we will definitely return to.

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

We went to L'Assaggino on a Saturday night in March and the whole experience was fantastic, start to finish. We were the first ones to sit down on the ground floor so it was very quiet, but by the time we left it was super busy and had a great atmosphere. We shared burrata and polpette to start and then carbonara and a Sardinian pasta special with fennel sausage and tomato, and everything was fresh and delicious. And the famous white chocolate cake didn't disappoint either! Top it all off with a perfect aperol spritz and we were two very happy customers. The staff are all so friendly and attentive and we will definitely be going back regularly!

1  Thank Georgina L
Reviewed 20 February 2018

been to this restaurant a few times & food has always been first class, but returned there last week and food lacked flavour, I can only assume they have changed chef, overall I feel let down as I always used to praise this cosy little restaurant.

Date of visit: February 2018
LassagginoRestaurant, Owner at L'Assaggino, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

I am sorry and disappointed to read that your visit did not meet your expectations nor the usually high standards we set for our selves.

It is through feedback like yours that we can recognize areas to improve so your comment is appreciated.

Best regards

Reviewed 26 January 2018 via mobile

My partner and I stumbled across this tiny Italian restaurant last summer by chance, which is tucked behind a small alley way. We couldn't get a table right away but decided to wait around for 20 mins for a table. It was the best decision made as we discovered one of our favourite Italian restaurants and have been back time and time again. Each time the food was delicious and service was very attentive. I was hesitated to write this review, not because it is not good. Instead it is because it is so good and local to me, I felt like keeping this little gem to myself. The restaurant is small and quirky, and get busy on Friday and weekends so best booked ahead. My partner declared this place served the best spaghetti bolognese and I loved the spaghetti carbonara. It is very reasonably priced (especially in Richmond!), like other reviewers noted, relatively small menu, which is actually a good thing because they serve the best of the classic dishes and ingredients are fresh. It is run by people who are genuinely passionate about serving the best of Italian food so worth giving it a try if you are out in Richmond.

Date of visit: January 2018