“A Little Italian Gem”
Review of L'Assaggino

L'Assaggino
Ranked #18,276 of 27,194 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$13 - US$26
Description: A newly established Italian Fresh Pasta Restaurant with traditional values- fresh food, simple ingredients and good wine. We only use fresh, carefully sourced and seasonal ingredients to make all our beautiful, rustic dishes. A convivial atmosphere, great wines, faultless service and a warm heart - are proving a winning formula in a neighbourhood overrun with soulless chains. Find L’assaggino on a quaint cobbled street, a Grade 2 listed building off Richmond Green. Enjoy fresh homemade pasta & authentic Italian cuisine from our Sardinian Chef. Fresh locally produced food with a small frequently changing menu.
Reviewed 16 June 2018

I'd been peeping into this place which appeared a few months so while wandering down Paved Court on the way to Richmond Green, & on impulse decided to go in for lunch. Can't wait to go back! The food was absolutely delicious & really fresh, the people looking after us were lovely, warm, welcoming & passionate about their Italian menu. We shared stuffed squid to start with - sublime - then my friend had black linguine vongole (her favourite pasta dish) & pronounced it the best she'd ever had. I had the special fregola with seafood, which was gorgeous. A lot on the small but perfectly formed menu which I liked the look of. Very reasonably priced as well.One word of warning - the bathroom is right up at the top of two flights of a very steep wooden staircase, so not for the faint-hearted, but the room up there is beautifully appointed! There's another lovely dining room on the first floor, so room for more people in the restaurant than you can see at first glance. Strongly recommend this as the perfect lunch or evening spot, very well situated in the heart of Richmond.

Reviewed 15 June 2018 via mobile

I have walked past this restaurant many times but finally went in for lunch. I am so happy I did because there is an inexpensive lunch menu. For only £10 an appetiser and pasta is offered. The food is fresh and delicious!

1  Thank potown2italia
Reviewed 13 June 2018 via mobile

My son and I were delighted with our meal. The service was friendly and effective and the food was outstanding. This restaurant is a real asset to Richmond and the surrounding area. I will return and recommend that my friends also enjoy the experience.

Reviewed 2 June 2018 via mobile

Went to L’Assaggino after a day trip on the river from Richmond. I’ve wanted a restaurant like his near our home for years. Our local traditional style trattoria closed years ago and this restaurant is just what every neighbourhood needs. The interior is quite tight, but cosy. The menu also small, I’d say quite traditional and simple in a good way. It’s pretty good value and the staff were very friendly. The caponata starter was amazing, my main dish was also superb, ‘malloredus alla campidanese,’ a Sardinian pasta with sausage ragu. The other dishes we ordered looked really great too.
We didn’t order from the wine list, that’s something to look forward to. If they open a branch in North London we’d be very happy.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

Ate from their set lunch menu; 2x courses for £10, starter and main. All courses of very good size, often in my experiences cheap lunch menus can leave you feeling a little short changed- not here. 1x bruschetta and 1x clams dish to start, followed by two spaghetti mains all very nice and fresh. Will be back.

Date of visit: May 2018