“Classy Italian”
Review of L'Assaggino

L'Assaggino
Ranked #18,537 of 25,591 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$13 - US$25
Description: A newly established Italian Fresh Pasta Restaurant with traditional values- fresh food, simple ingredients and good wine. We only use fresh, carefully sourced and seasonal ingredients to make all our beautiful, rustic dishes. A convivial atmosphere, great wines, faultless service and a warm heart - are proving a winning formula in a neighbourhood overrun with soulless chains. Find L’assaggino on a quaint cobbled street, a Grade 2 listed building off Richmond Green. Enjoy fresh homemade pasta & authentic Italian cuisine from our Sardinian Chef. Fresh locally produced food with a small frequently changing menu.
Reviewed 15 September 2018 via mobile

We turned up here on spec fairly early in the evening (it was about 7pm) and although the place looked quiet we later appreciated that - because of its bookings - we were fortunate to get a table.

This place is slim and stylish. It’s decor gives an Italian flavour without cliche or dipping its toe into the stagnant waters of twee.

The food was stunning, I loved my arrabiata which was beautifully spiced, hot full of flavour and just the right size for a single serving ( I didn’t bother with starter or dessert). My wife had the tagliatelle gamberoni. She didn’t say it was good. In fact she didn’t say anything (a first) she simply savoured the freshly homemade pasta, the numerous prawns which were artistically and skilfully boosted with the accompaniment of garlic, chilli, and cherry tomatoes.

We’ve been fortunate enough to eat at a number of London’s Michelin starred restaurants, but Amanda said that this was the best meal she’d ever had and would be her last “death row” dinner. So it was clearly amazing.

Unsurprisingly, in a restaurant of such fine quality, the wine wasn’t cheap - we paid £28 for a very palatable bottle of Prosecco, but we’ve paid more for a less pleasing bottle in pubs locally.

We were delighted to have stumbled on to L’Assaggino, and next time we’ll make sure we book.

Date of visit: September 2018
1  Thank joe s
LassagginoRestaurant, Manager at L'Assaggino, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Grazie mille for your lovely review, we are so pleased to hear you enjoyed your experience with us. We take a lot of pride in what we do here at Lassaggino and it's reviews such as yours that make our day.

We do hope you come and visit us again soon

Arrivederchi

Reviewed 31 August 2018 via mobile

I have been here a few times now and every time the food and service are excellent. Probably the best italien I have been to in London! Super friendly staff and top food.

Reviewed 31 August 2018 via mobile

I'm so pleased this little gem of a restaurant has opened. I'm now a regular visitor and worried about my waistline. That said, it's well worth an extra inch or two. The food is delicious and well priced. The wines are lovely and really well chosen but the main thing is that the food, ambiance and staff passed the acid test with flying colours. I took my dear mother there. She loved in. Enough said, just go and say hi to Manolo and Laura from me ♥️♥️♥️

1  Thank Go787215
Reviewed 30 August 2018

Celebrating a family 70th birthday with family and friends. Small but very friendly restaurant with an excellent choice on menu. Staff were welcoming and very attentive. They actually went out of their way to accommodate us. Food was of excellent quality along with the wine. (So I’m led to believe by certain members of our party)To make the night an extra special occasion the chef had even made a beautiful Birthday Cake which the staff brought to our table.

1  Thank Janina G
Reviewed 30 August 2018 via mobile

An appetising menu, calm atmosphere with attentive but unobtrusive service. A pleasant place to meet, eat, talk and listen. Thank you.