“Waiting in line for ages”
Review of Elan Cafe

Elan Cafe
Ranked #221 of 476 Dessert in London
Neighbourhood: Mayfair
Neighbourhood: Mayfair
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I came here to eat some brunch with my friend and the line was waaaay too long. We decided to go early the next morning and the line was even longer. It was my last day on my holiday so i never got to see the place. I was soo stoked but too much waiting.

1  Thank Mathildesvensson

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Went to this cafe earlier today and had high expectations of the place due to its reviews. However, we were soon disappointed when we entered, the host didn’t greet us and had an unwelcoming facial expression. Following this, we ordered two of the cheesecakes, as the waitress recommended them. Both cheesecakes were very sweet and sickly. Finally, the same host which mentioned previously, wasn’t bothered not just to ask how was our experience, but also wasn’t bothered to look at me when taking payment.

4  Thank Nikita M
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Visited with a friend for lunch having seen it advertised. When we arrived there was a wait for tables but it went quickly. We were surprised by how small it is. Sat downstairs. Ordered the salads however the waitress forgot to put the order through so we waited ages and had to ask where to food was before they realised. Salad was delicious though. Had cake as well and there’s certainly an extensive menu although many were sold out by 2pm. Not sure I’d visit again but it is fun but expensive.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Such lovely staff and helpful in explaining the menu. Had a great spot outside in the sun. Nice selection of drinks and cakes! Food was nice and fresh and service was great.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

My friend and I waited for over half an hour to queue in the pouring rain for this cafe! (Many thanks to the member of staff who lent us her umbrella!) The interiors are very, very pretty and the cafe actually has a pleasant, relaxed, slightly chaotic atmosphere.. I thought it would be quite snooty but it’s not, our waitress was friendly! However, the service is SO SLOW!!! We were in there for almost three hours and all we had was a (incredibly expensive) coffee and cake (I’d really recommend the turmeric latte and rose and pistachio cake though). We didn’t mind as we had lots to catch up on but definitely something to consider for others!