“Incredible food!!”

Cuisines: Persian
Inverness, California
“Incredible food!!”
Reviewed 26 June 2013 via mobile

The food here is absolutely fabulous!! I had the chefs special chicken (unfortunately I do not remember the exact name but it is one of three chefs specials in a little box on upper right hand side of the menu). It was absolutely extraordinary. Friendly lovely people

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank traveller4760

London, United Kingdom
“The Persian Taste With Alborz Restaurant, Next to Olympia”
Reviewed 13 June 2013

I come from a Middle eastern country (Persia) to attend one of the events at Olympia venue, found at exhibitioncentrehotels.com. The ambiance was decent, and the menu served, was brilliant. I am basically taking the pain to write it down for to send kudos to its kitchen! Genial staff made sure it was had with pleasure, by serving it with a degree of warmth that often lacks when one serves a stranger. I came to know about it from www.allinlondon.co.uk. It is a small place with seating for about 38 people. I din't get a drink here, but the food covered for the loss, but not leaving a space in my stomach. The restaurant was worth my time.

• Visited May 2013
3 Thank Avee A
Solihull.UK
“Disappointed ...”
Reviewed 26 April 2013

Never having eating Persian food before I persuaded my husband (with the help of Tripadvisor reviews) to try this restaurant close to our hotel. Alborz is a small (38 seats) basic restaurant, it doesn't sell alcohol but the shop 2 doors away sells wines at highly inflated prices of £12+
The menu has starters that you recognise like hummus and yoghurt dips, mains are mostly kebabs and lamb chops but my husband and I decided to try something more traditional which was a soup of beans and veg and a dip of smoked aubergine for starters, traditional Lamb casserole for mains. True it is quaint that there is a bread oven at the front of the restaurant but this was the only highlight, soup was like a mild lamb stock, smoked aubergine a dip with flavour, lamb casserole overpowered with preserved lemon and looked like treacle. Service was stumbling and so much non interfering ( re. Previous re views) that I moved my empty dishes to the next table. Reality check, this restaurant isn't in the top 15% of London restaurants (as reviewed) but if you want to stay safe have hummus n kebabs at a cheap price and buy a bottle of wine somewhere else and enjoy!

• Visited April 2013
6 Thank Creditgirl
Crewe, United Kingdom
“Fabulous Persian restaurant near olympia”
Reviewed 30 March 2013

This small restaurant appealed from the menu outside. We went early in the evening and enjoyed a wonderful meal served by very pleasant staff, at a good price. We enjoyed it so much we returned another evening and had another good meal.

We had read some reviews which were not so good,but we have to say we could not understand these as on both occasions our meal and service was excellent.

Visited March 2013
2 Thank nitwit105
Malvern, United Kingdom
“Great food”
Reviewed 14 March 2013

Lovely Persian food, served by lovely people. Traditional, enjoyed by locals as well as tourists. Go for the lamb casserole. And they let you take your own wine too! We'll be back soon!

Visited March 2013