“Excellent food and service”
Review of Bar 61 Restaurant

Bar 61 Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Bar 61 Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 25,043 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$19 - US$35
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Opening hours For food Monday until Sunday 12:30 to 23:00 Opening hours for drink Monday until Sunday 11:00 to 01:00
Reviewed 5 December 2017

Have been in here twice with my gf now and promised Al Pacino that I'd write the place a review.
Both times the food was outstanding, in particular the lamb cutlets. Al insisted that if we didn't like anything, we could send it back and he would give us something else of our choice. Happily the food was spot on and this wasn't necessary.
The wine selection is as good as the food, and the service is attentive and friendly.
Both times we've been treated to some complimentary liqueur and fruit after the meal, which is a nice little both.
Totally deserving of the 5 star review, and I shall be returning soon for a third time!

1  Thank Greg G
Write a ReviewReviews (2,044)

Reviewed 3 December 2017 via mobile

We with family went for the first time in November, everything was almost perfect, the funny waiter from Cyprus and in think the other two men are also from Cyprus. Anyway, food ok but patatas brava not really much to do with the original receipe. At the end of the dinner we asked for the bill and shame, shame, we were presented with the unreadable written order that the waiter took at the beginning of the dinner which i found extremely rude and unprofessional. Never in my eating out experience around the world i was given such a embarrassing bill. This put off the all positive experience that night

6  Thank Traveller_Sun74
Reviewed 1 December 2017 via mobile

Food always huge portions and well seasoned. Great wine selection. Atmosphere is properly welcoming. If you live anywhere near Streatham get yourself here! Not too often though I still want to be able to get a table!!!

1  Thank Lex A
Reviewed 1 December 2017 via mobile

Have never left a review before but this place has inspired me. Was there lastnight with my girlfriend for her birthday and the meal was absolutely amazing. The staff "Al pacing" and "gandhi" really made the experience!

Food: starters arrived quick, and the calamari were some of the most tender I've ever had! Mains came, I had veal escalope cordon blue which I must insist you try, it was truly amazing and everything that came with it was perfectly cooked. My girlfriend had carbonara which was also delicious.

All in all they have definitely found new regulars! Can't recommend this place more highly.

1  Thank Conor G
Reviewed 30 November 2017 via mobile

Came here for the first time last night after having moved to the area. Will definitely be coming back. The staff are lovely, such friendly atmosphere and delicious food. My new favourite restaurant in Streatham!

1  Thank mollyabrock