“Great! Don't miss this place!”
Review of Fishcotheque

Fishcotheque
Ranked #881 of 23,592 Restaurants in London
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 23 August 2014

During heavy showers at Waterloo station we entered this small place. Wonderful ambiance, very friendly staff, quick service, and great, great food! In London, it's hard to find a place where you can eat for a reasonable price with quick service in a relaxing athmosphere. We will return to this place every time we are in London!

Reviewed 30 July 2014

Awesome food and great service!! My family and I were holidaying in London in April 2014. We were told that London is famous for its fish and chips and it's a must try. Since we were staying at Waterloo, we went searching for a hot meal one cold night and found Fishcotheque - tucked at a quiet corner on Waterloo road. Their fish and chips were the best ever!! The cod fish was so fresh and delicious, cooked to perfection with a thin batter. Chips was hot and delicious too. Huge and generous serving. If you want to eat chicken, their southern fried chicken is equally delicious. Service was great! Laura, our server is to be highly recommended for her service. She was friendly, hardworking and generous. The chefs were very friendly too and you can actually see them preparing the food at the counters. Their prices were very reasonable too and the ambiance clean and warm. In fact we love the food and place so much that we went back there again like 3 to 4 times before we went home to Singapore. Do not....i repeat... do not miss this place if you want to eat the best fish and chips ever!! Thank you Fishcotheque! I will definitely go there again if I do visit London and will definitely recommend to my friends.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

Looking for somewhere for a quick late meal, while working, we came across Fishcotheque. Even at 10:30 pm it was busy. We were served quickly and I was surprised as to how hot the chips were, assuming they would have just been scooped from the generic hopper you find in fish and chip shops. It was a real pleasure to taste REAL chips as opposed to the frozen ones. The portions were decent sized as well.
I noticed a sign advertising New Potatoes In (for the chips) which they were.
If I was in the area again I would certainly consider eating here again.
£4:95 for chicken and chips. Not bad for Central London!
That's five times I have mentioned chips...........six!

Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

I knew there was a fish and chip shop under the arches at Waterloo. Since my last visit it has been revamped. Great atmosphere, clean, freshly cooked food quick service and great value. A hidden gem

2  Thank Catherine S
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Hungry for dinner before a movie at a nearby Imax theatre and the ticket gal recommended the Fishcotheque. We had fish (Cod), cheese bacon burger, pickled egg, chips, and mushy peas - all delicious. Price was reasonable, service is pretty quick, and food was very good. Would recommend if you're in the area.