“Not very good”

Ranked #11,905 of 23,379 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$8 - US$21
Good for: Bar Scene, View
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Our restaurant and bar concept is synonymous with great food and drink, exceptional service and stylish surroundings. Our sleek contemporary venue is perfect for a private function or party. Beautifully located on St Katharine Docks right by the waterside and to an impressive backdrop of the Tower of London, The Slug & Lettuce Tower Bridge is the exciting newest addition to The Slug & Lettuce family. Our beautiful venue can be hired exclusively for up to 400 people and is the ideal place to hold any event; from a birthday to leaving drinks, Tower Bridge has the perfect backdrop and decor to suit everyone's needs.
Reviewed 9 April 2014

We ate here before riding the Thames River cruise. The food took 45 minutes to prepare on a very slow afternoon and when it arrived my order was incorrect. it took another 15 minutes to get the order right. My salad was one I could have gotten at a grocery store, the steaks were over cooked, the bacon on the burger was half cooked. Not recommended at all.

Reviewed 4 April 2014 via mobile

I visited the above restaurant Thursday the 3rd as it was my birthday and me and the guys were having some drinks.

when arriving at the bar it was pretty busy even so We only waited 5 minutes or so.
when we got served the gentlemen recommended the 4 jäger bombs for £12 deal as there was four of us after a few jokes back and forth we ended up ordering 12 the barman then made a jäger train which was to be later challenged by us ending up with 20 shots as we had been joined by more of my friends by then.

On a later visit the same night to the bar we asked the same barman by then we had found out the barmans name to be Gary for some food he recommend getting some platters a which we did the food came quickly cooked perfectly and was just what we needed to round off a all round good night I would definitely recommend this place and shall be returning again !

Reviewed 28 March 2014

We were served short measures at the bar and had to point it out. When we moved to the restaurant, we waited 15 minutes to be served while 2 waitresses dealt with one customer at the till and the other swept outside. When one of them was free, she proceeded to clear tables rather than take our order. When we said we'd been waiting she replied that 'they were busy'! There were 4 tables occupied. Bar staff were sour faced. So disappointing, feel it will go the same way as The Living Room that was there. We live in the dock and this was our first visit, we won't be back. We were recce-ing it for a party. Left and went across to Cote and booked party for there.

Samantha B, Manager at Slug & Lettuce, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Dear Customer,
Many thanks for your review. I sincerely apologise that your experience with us recently was disappointing. I assure you this is not our usual standard of service. When you say you were served short measures at the bar please explain? I will be investigating this further as it is unacceptable for our staff not to provide a welcoming environment for all our customers. We value your feedback immensely as we feel it is essential to see through the eyes of the customer.
Warm regards
Samantha Baldwin

Reviewed 26 March 2014

Venue location is excellent. Good service. Food OK nothing special, bit like a up market Wetherspoons. Would I recommend...no, would i go back...probably yes

Reviewed 13 February 2014

I had a dinner here with a former colleague.
We ordered a few drinks, but I had to explain to the server what the contents of an old fashioned were, which in the end they couldn't make it as they didn't have bourbon. What kind of cocktail bar doesn't have bourbon?!?
The food was OK and the prices were fine for London. Service was slow and lacklustre.
There are lots of choices in the area, I'd try them instead.