“Forget Brick Lane, get yourself to Al Amin”
Review of Al Amin

Al Amin
Ranked #4,004 of 23,020 Restaurants in London
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: East End / East London
London, United Kingdom
“Forget Brick Lane, get yourself to Al Amin”
Reviewed 21 February 2014 via mobile

Let's get to the point:
Great, authentic Indian dishes.
Delicious spices and good quality ingredients.
Super friendly service, especially the ever energetic Mo.
No fuss environment, great value for money.
All dishes are lovely but try the specials on offer, particularly the stuffed chicken breast. Y u m.

London, United Kingdom
“A must visit - great food, great value, great service”
Reviewed 30 August 2013

Visited Al-Amin's with my wife and children, on entering made to feel at home, staff were friendly with my children, playing and joking with them. Food was absolutely excellent, and I'd go as far as to say the best Indian food I've ever had (and I have been to many many curry houses), the wait for the food was quick considering the place was full, the service and banter from Mo was entertaining and worth returning for (as was the food). I found the cost to be a lot less than I was expecting (so much cheaper than Brick Lane, and so much better food) Even though its a bit of a journey for me I have made Al-Amin's my local. I can't recommend this place high enough, If your in the area you must eat at Al Amins, you will not be disappointed.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank Andrew E
“A local institution”
Reviewed 9 June 2013

This restaurant has a very loyal local clientele and, judging by the number of takeaway orders flying through the doors, seems to feed most of the neighbourhood at weekends.

The food is of a consistently high standard. The service is efficient but unobtrusive and a welcome contrast to the hassle you get in Brick Lane. If only every local curry house was this good.

• Visited June 2013
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Quality”
Reviewed 30 May 2013 via mobile

Decided to visit the restaurant due to previous posts on trip advisor. Ordered starters mains and drinks all which were unreal. Understand what I mean, this is good, good food. Tasty, not greasy and plentiful. Found the host mo very informative about the local area too. If you are in the area and want tasty and very reasonable food, give these guys a shout.

Visited May 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Like being part of ther family”
Reviewed 25 April 2013

We have been going to the Al; Amin regularly since our local Asian restaurant closed 5 years or so ago. In the East End there is too much mock Indian cuisine - dull menus and orange chicken tikka masala. So we are always looking for restaurants that transcend that. Here there are dishes I haven't found anywhere else - aloo bora and kadi ghost are example, both of which are my top favourites. Indeed, my practice is to go up and down the chef's specials because that is where the high quality food is to be found. The front person is Mo and, once you have been in once or twice, you have a status as a regular and are greeted with enthusiasm. My guess is that the Al Amin has more repeat business than most other local Bangladeshi restaurants for that very reason - everyone seems to be known to Mo. And it is Mo's Dad, the owner, who does the cooking. He is a lovely man who once gave us a demonatration of how he makes different types of onion bhajis for Ishtar. As a feminist, I am uncomfortable with the practice of giving women diners a red rose after dinner but I would never say anything because I love the place so much. Wines are cheap and worth drinking. If you were thinking of going to Brick Lane, come here instead.

• Visited April 2013