“Nothing special!”

Cuisines: European, British
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Knightsbridge
Reviewed 31 August 2014

I ordered tickets to see the Wedding Dress exhibition with the add on for tea in the V and A cafe afterwards!

I ordered the 2 afternon teas (be aware you can't ask for coffee - it is strictly tea only ) does not state this on the tix website when I ordered nor does it state this on the ticket itself. grrr!

The rude server at the till said I had to pay for one despite giving him the 2 vouchers (pre-paid) for the afternoon tea - he said they had the same number on them - well duh - they were all purchased in one transaction - the 2 tickets for the wedding dress exhibition had exactly tyhe same number on them which I showed him - awful experience having to try and prove that they were valid tickets - the server at the wedding exhibtion did not challenge me - I was made to feel like a criminal!!!

Once it was sorted out no I did not have to pay for the other afternoon tea - but it did put a dampener on my experience there!

Not somewhere I would choose to eat again!

Reviewed 28 August 2014

We and our teen and pre-teen had spent an enjoyable morning at the V&A and everyone was starving. I had also arranged to meet up with a friend I hadn't seen in 25 years (we were visiting London from abroad).The meal was enjoyable, although the toughest part was finding a table at lunchtime. Once we found one it was cleared quickly and efficiently and the gorgeous windows and lighting in the side rooms contributed to a wonderful atmosphere. There was plenty of choice regarding types of food and the queues moved quickly and efficiently. We all wanted a hot meal and most of us took the chicken, potatoes and green beans, which was very nice. My daughter surprised me by taking the salmon and said it was the best meal of our entire London stay! There was a cooler with plain water and real glasses so no need to spend money on sugary drinks. Fairly expensive but about what I expected when eating at such a famous place.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

Simple salads, sandwiches and home made cakes served on the garden terrace. Lovely food, the only reason it doesn't get 5* is because there is limited shelter from any inclement elements

Reviewed 9 August 2014

We had lunch here before seeing the Italian fashion exhibition. We've eaten here before so knew the ropes.

There are multiple cafetieria-style counters for different types of food and drink, which makes assembling a meal either lengthy, or requiring multiple visits to the counters, and it has always been very busy whenever we've been which means lots of queuing and can mean difficulty finding somewhere to sit.

Off-setting that though, the staff are lovely and the food excelent and very good value.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

We were in the nearby Museum of Natural History but decided to go to the cafe at V and A for lunch per a friend's recommendation. It is cafeteria style with different counters set up for hot or cold foods. There is also a counter for pastries - yum! Husband and I both had the Tandoori chicken wrap (really good!). I had a side of chickpeas and tomatoes. Hubby had a side of green beans and tomatoes. My 8 yo and 11 yo kids had the kids' ham sandwich which came with a fruit and drink. Prices are reasonable. You have to find your own table after paying for your food. We enjoyed our lunch here and would come back if we were in the area.