“Charming and reasonably priced”
Review of Stranded in London - CLOSED

Stranded in London
Price range: US$27 - US$40
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Covent Garden
Description: Bar the pun, this Italian in the middle of the Strand has plenty to commend it: a friendly atmosphere, warm lighting, and an innate 18th century charm, thanks to the original wood panelling. The back half of this narrow strip of a restaurant is officially a cosy bar, but in practice two thirds of the space is used to seat diners fond of pasta and the satisfying sauces that accompany them. If the best- selling steak in a blue cheese sauce sounds too rich, you may prefer a more earthy bangers and mash or roast beef. There is no (printed) dessert menu; it changes so regularly that your waiter will recite the (on average) seven choices to you
Reviewed 17 January 2012

A really lovely little restaurant. It's not fancy or glitzy, but is very comfortable, friendly and does lovely food. An elderly Italian waiter served my new husband and myself, and was very convivial, as well as providing excellent food and wine recommendations. The fish I had from the specials was simply delicious.
The restaurant itself is quite long and thin, which doesn't seem to help with building atmosphere- but it certainly wasn't a significant issue.
Considering the Covent Garden location, this place is excellent value for money- and certainly a lot better than the chain restaurants around, for a similar price.

Reviewed 29 December 2011

Found this restaurant by looking at the reviews at tripadvisor and tried it. We had a really nice evening in what i'd consider a classic italian restaurant. Food was great, as was service. Nothing to complain. We used the 15% voucher from the website of the restaurant which worked out without any problem... Had salmon+side, wine, dessert, my girl the same and wie ended up with about 50£ which really is fair for London and really! good food...

2  Thank thorsin
Reviewed 7 November 2011

Good food and very attentive staff

Small bar at the back is nice

Very well appointed and smart, and fits well with theatre trip.

Reviewed 24 September 2011

Although the steak I ordered was fine, I, as a solo traveler, felt I was treated poorly. The only table I was offered was cramped and near the kitchen. (There were many empty small tables.) The salad I was served was more expensive than the one I ordered. I sent it back but was charged for the incorrect more expensive salad. It took more time than it should have to correct the bill. I felt I was being taken advantage of and would not return.

Reviewed 26 August 2011

I have been to Stranded twice now, two years in a row during vacations in London. It is one of the few restaurants to which I have purposely tried to return. This restaurant delivers on both service and quality of food. It is not a pretentious place, which can be a nice change to some of the better places in London. After the meal you feel as if you have enjoyed a nice evening out. The person who appears to be the owner is always on hand and very attentive. I grew up eating Italian food constantly (in New York), and was not disappointed in the quality. The name may throw some people off, but this restaurant is really worth a visit.