“Superb experience!”

Bel Canto Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Bel Canto Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #92 of 24,404 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$67 - US$135
Cuisines: French
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Located just a few minutes from Lancaster Gate tube station, Bel Canto is suitable for all events and celebrations including birthdays and romantic evenings. Our opera restaurant attracts everyone from opera enthusiasts to curious tourists and culinary explorers. The classic French menu changes seasonally, and is complemented by a diverse selection of both French and Italian wines. Bel Canto has approximately 60 artists on rotation. Every evening 4 singers and a pianist will perform a variety of arias from celebrated operas. The talented waiting staff will belt out everything from Verdi to Wagner while serving fine French cuisine! During the evening you will receive a glass prosecco to join in with the artists to toast with them for the "Libiamo" of the "Traviatta"! Bel Canto is an intimate Restaurant and is decorated with ruby red wallpaper, ornate opera costumes and crisp white linens. Bel Canto offers truly unique and intimate dining experience - the whole team cannot wait to share with you!
Reviewed 24 November 2013

The food is ok, not bad but nothing to write home about: nicely presented but of average execution. My fillet of beef was luke warm and by the time I finished it it was cold. My wife's sea bream was lovely - nicely seasoned and deliscious.

But anyway, one doesn't come to Bel Canto for food. The beautiful performances by professional opera singers was incredible. When a beautiful soprano is performing not one meter away from you it gives you goosbumps and fills you with awe. If this doesn't make one want to buy tickets to go see opera nothing will! We will definitely be back. Most likely the next guests who come to visit us will have this on their London programme.

1  Thank Great_Expectations75
Write a ReviewReviews (1,098)

Reviewed 23 November 2013

We went to this restaurant for the second time. It is a unique place, worth every penny spent there. The menu is very limited, but all the dishes are tasty and look very nice. The wine selection is OK, but they could find some more exclusive brands.
But eating is in fact not the reason to come to that place. The singing waiters and life piano music is amazing. Every 15 minutes you can expect a short opera song sang by young and energetic artists who also serve at your table. This is something really really amazing. I will return!
Sometimes the waiters can forget about you, but I can forget them, they are busy sometimes... They are artists in fact.

Reviewed 22 November 2013

A surprise trip to London for my mums 76th birthday. Booked this restaurant as my mum is an opera fan. I can't tell you how much we enjoyed it. The staff were attentive and extraordinarily talented. The atmosphere was amazing and they sang happy birthday to my mother personally at the table. The food was very tasty and well presented, however the portions not overly large. It was a thoroughly enjoyable evening. We didn't want to leave and my mum was thrilled with the whole experience. Would love to return and if you are thinking about booking....go for it, you won't regret it.

1  Thank BernievStAustell
Reviewed 21 November 2013

We dined here on Saturday 16th November having booked 3 weeks previously to get a table on a Saturday night. We were seated one table away from the grand piano and so had a perfect view of the singing and the piano playing, although as the singers tour the restaurant, I imagine all the tables are good. The staff are wonderfully friendly and as my delicious first course was put in front of me my waitress suddenly began to sing an aria, which was amazing. The mix of food, singing and staff is very special. The staff/opera singers are very happy to explain what the story behind the music is. The food was all very good indeed and beautifully presented, especially the chocolate fondant with salted caramel ice cream. I booked this for my son and his lovely girlfriend who is a classically trained singer and we all loved it and would definately go again as its a brilliant evening with a special atmosphere.

1  Thank flopsygirl
Reviewed 21 November 2013

Bel Canto is in the basement of the Corus Hotel in Lancaster Gate, London. The singers are also the waiters and waitresses, and wander around the restaurant while singing - which they do throughout the evening - and also serve your meals. The food is not bad at all, modern European and better than I expected. A foie gras starter was worth the £3.95 supplement and chicken chasseur and sea bream were both well cooked and very enjoyable as were the indulgent desserts.

The singing is of a very high standard - a rendition of Summertime was mesmerising and one of the best I have ever heard - and I have heard many, many versions!

All in all it was a unique and wonderful experience and, while not cheap - 2 courses £44, 3 courses £51, both including £15 for the opera - I felt it was worth every penny. Quite magical and thoroughly recommended.