“Great night out.”

Bel Canto Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Bel Canto Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #49 of 23,877 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$70 - US$139
Cuisines: French
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Located just a few minutes from Lancaster Gate tube station, Bel Canto is suitable for all events and celebrations including birthdays and romantic evenings. Our opera restaurant attracts everyone from opera enthusiasts to curious tourists and culinary explorers. The classic French menu changes seasonally, and is complemented by a diverse selection of both French and Italian wines. Bel Canto has approximately 60 artists on rotation. Every evening 4 singers and a pianist will perform a variety of arias from celebrated operas. The talented waiting staff will belt out everything from Verdi to Wagner while serving fine French cuisine! During the evening you will receive a glass prosecco to join in with the artists to toast with them for the "Libiamo" of the "Traviatta"! Bel Canto is an intimate Restaurant and is decorated with ruby red wallpaper, ornate opera costumes and crisp white linens. Bel Canto offers truly unique and intimate dining experience - the whole team cannot wait to share with you!
Reviewed 11 December 2013 via mobile

The food was delicious but the singers were amazing. While they sang in many different languages, the sound was truly amazing. We loved it. Lala has the most incredible voice I have ever heard in my life. She gave me chills and she sang with a great smile on her face too.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,064)

Reviewed 6 December 2013

Excellent food and music, very attentive and kind staff. Not many options from the menu which I actually like, we were 6 people and tried pretty much everything and everybody was happy. It was a really lovely night.

2  Thank GeTrn
Reviewed 4 December 2013

Found this restaurant on Tripadvisor and decided to give it a try. Very glad we did as it proved to be a great night. London has so many restaurants that it becomes almost impossible to choose so Bel Canto stood out as being different. I was prepared for it to be a bit of a tourist trap but was pleasantly surprised at the quality of food, service and entertainment. I am no opera buff but I thought that the performers were excellent and so did our fellow diners by the sound of the applause. The menu is small but I liked that as it made the decision of what to eat easier. It took a while to realise exactly what is going on. Service revolves round the performance so it seemed at times as if the staff were hanging around doing nothing when in fact they were getting ready to perform. As soon as the singing was over they were straight back to serving. I would suggest that you book a table fairly early to make the most of the entertainment and plan to stay for the evening it was fantastic.

1  Thank weelassieScotland
Reviewed 2 December 2013

I took my 5 year old to this restaurant (I did ring & check first) as she wanted to see the singing. I always worry if the restaurant or cliental are going to object to a small child being present, eve if well behaved. However, the staff were so lovely, and the singers. They came over, introduced themselves, told her she could ask any questions. We went up to the piano to see the man playing it up close. And the staff asked if we wanted any photo's with th performers at the end. The food was lovely. In all it was a great evening and I would go back. So much praise to them from us.

2  Thank LondonKarenB
Reviewed 24 November 2013

The food is ok, not bad but nothing to write home about: nicely presented but of average execution. My fillet of beef was luke warm and by the time I finished it it was cold. My wife's sea bream was lovely - nicely seasoned and deliscious.

But anyway, one doesn't come to Bel Canto for food. The beautiful performances by professional opera singers was incredible. When a beautiful soprano is performing not one meter away from you it gives you goosbumps and fills you with awe. If this doesn't make one want to buy tickets to go see opera nothing will! We will definitely be back. Most likely the next guests who come to visit us will have this on their London programme.

1  Thank Great_Expectations75