“not such a good choice”

Rodizio Brazil Steak House and Bar
Ranked #16,720 of 23,375 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$0 - US$30
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Wimbledon
Reviewed 14 June 2013

I went to this restaurant as a Groupon deal. Initially the waiter tried to get us to choose the set meal that was actually less than the offer cost let alone what it was "supposed" to be.
The 'free cocktail" was all lime wedges and ice with a lot of sugar at the bottom. Certainly nothing to rave about.
We didn't have a choice of how ever many cuts of meat it suggests. there was a beef(chewy) a lamb(tasted like the beef) a sausage (that was fatty)and small chicken drumstick(and I men small). There was a lovely cube of chicken although we only got one cube each. I asked for more as it states it is "eat as much as you like in a 2 hour sitting" I was told that wasn't possible. I questioned him as to why and was told they didn't have any more. It was the only tasty meat they had. So basically the only free meat was the rubbish meat. You had to wait to be served and it was only 1 piece of each at a time.
However, the salad bar was good. Possibly not as fresh as it could have been but tasty. There was a not the section by the salad of stew type things but they all had skin on them so I didn't actually taste them.
We had to re order the dessert twice as he forgot us. That was a slice of warm pineapple with a cinnamon dusting. No cream or anything.
The waiter spoke very quiet and mumbled. I had to get him to repeat a lot of what he said as it was inaudible.
He wasn't keen on serving us and having a conversation but a group of young girls came in and he couldn't spend enough time with the.
I wouldn't return to that restaurant ever again and suggest you give it a wide berth. Claphm have lots of good eateries so go there instead.

2  Thank wheelieHertfordshire

Reviewed 10 June 2013

This was bought as a gift to celebrate my 50th Birthday. In all fairness to the restaurant we were using Groupon gift certificates. I love Rodizio and was looking forward to this evening. Sadly we were given a Cocktail (as per gift certificate) but we were given no choice of cocktail whatsoever - drink may have had alcohol in it, - but I couldnt taste it! Salad selection was minimal. Range of meats was extremely limited - not 15 as promised on website, - some of the meat was beautifully cooked and very tasty however much of it was overcooked and possibly not even cooked fresh - but reheated. Dessert we had absolutely no choice over and consisted of 2 slices of partially cooked pineapple. Service was adequate but unexceptional. Sadly I cannot recommend this restaurant.

1  Thank BazzaCas
Reviewed 5 June 2013

Average to bellow average rodizio. It is kind of brazilian rodizio but the problem is all the staff are portuguese. (I know because I am portuguese my self). The food is okay, the salad bar which rice and other sides is help your self. The meat is brought to the table like it is suppose to in rodizio and carved in front of you, sometimes even with your help. Some of the meat cuts are good some of them not great all in all average. The one thing you must have before going to this place is a 50% discount voucher or taster card, it is NOT worth the full price.

Reviewed 3 June 2013

Went for dinner during a weekday, using Groupon vouchers. Have been there several times before, this was probably one of the best since being a weekday was not particularly busy. Food was very very nice, both the salad bar offering and the rodizio offering (although the variety of meats on offer was not as great as that advertised on the web site or on the Groupon offer). Desert was included but we had to decline given the prior course! Staff were very friendly, pleasant and helpful. Ambience and atmosphere is pleasant but nothing fancy, this is a regular authentic brazilian rodizio (on Clapham High St). Good value with the Groupon voucher; will return (but not too soon, given you definitely need a break in between visits :))).

1  Thank GreatTraveler98
Reviewed 2 June 2013

My partner and teenage son ate here with Groupon vouchers on a Sunday evening. I was getting quite concerned having read some of the reviews - 'terrible!' etc. We were shown to our table promptly. It's not a huge place, very informal with lots of families with kids eating and casual but jolly decor. The waiter brought us a cocktail - rum with lime, very delicious, explained how it all worked and we were off. We grabbed plates and helped ourselves from the loaded salad bar - all fresh and looking good. There were also a number of hot side dishes, including something that looked like lasagna, all serve yourself. Then waiters came around and helped you to portions of meat - we had big cubes of chicken breast, carved slices of beef, lamb chunks and sausages. You just accepted or declined whatever they were offering. We really enjoyed the food, it was juicy and well cooked, and we were stuffed.
Then we had some pineapple with cinnamon and honey for puds, again very tasty.
If you're looking for a posh place with fancy food and subtle ambience, this is probably not for you. But we thought it was great value for money, a friendly place and good grub. There was a table near us celebrating a birthday. Would recommend.