“Great meal served by lovely staff”

Bloomsbury Club Bar
Ranked #1,195 of 23,713 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$27 - US$81
Cuisines: European, British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Bloomsbury
Transit: Tottenham Court Road tube station is a 2 minute walk (Central & Northern line)
Description: The Bloomsbury Club Bar takes inspiration from the lives of the famously hedonistic Bloomsbury Set. Taking influence from the 1920's and 1930's, The Bloomsbury Club Bar menu celebrates the golden age of cocktails with a strong, seductive mix of forgotten classics and innovative new creations inspired by the Bloomsbury Set's infamous members, set against a backdrop of luxurious decadence. The bar is split into two areas, the walls in the main bar area are adorned with artwork and books synonymous with the Bloomsbury Set, with a subtle subtly English colonial influence. The secluded, heated outside bar resembles a bohemian space with booths lining the exposed brickwork and a canvas of fairy lights covering the ceiling.
Reviewed 27 June 2014

We had dinner here after visiting the British Museum which is just along the road. We had a very good meal served to us by 2 lovely waitresses (yes two!)
We were visiting from Canada and will certainly tell the World about this restaurant on our travel blog (which I can't mention on here but you might know it already)
The food was beautifully cooked and the service always with a smile.
Only wish there had been more people in there as the atmosphere was a bit flat.
Thank you for a lovely time Landseer, it made our interesting day complete.

2  Thank tripwatch01

Reviewed 27 June 2014

Had evening dinner at the Landseer last Saturday Night. Service first class and the food was very fresh in a relaxed atmosphere. Will be back soon. Only gripe was the sunken seating relating to back tables, but lady waiter moved us without any fuss.

1  Thank garry l
Reviewed 6 June 2014

...in a month. Which is a lot for me!

The food was excellent, cooked to perfection, and my steak (that I had on the first visit) was huge. The seafood mixed grill that my wife had was enormous, and delicious too. The lamb I had on the second trip didn't disappoint either, and the waitress informed me that it would be cooked pink (which I like so it wasn't a problem). The desserts are amazing; the Eton mess is like no other you've ever seen.

On our first visit I told them that it was my wife's birthday, expecting them to just put a candle in her desert. Instead they brought out a birthday surprise (see attached photo - sorry about the poor quality) which they didn't even charge us for!

The staff are all very polite, there's nice background music, and it's not too crowded either. It's a little pricey, although they accept the Taste Card so you can get 50% off your food bill if you have one.

I'm looking forward to my third visit...

2  Thank Ian P
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Had a lovely meal here in the spacious, well decorated reataurant. The food is fine dining so small portions but plenty of options of sides. Food was hot and very tasty.

The room looked very clean, there was a nice atmosphere, though not very busy on a tuesday evening. Staff were very attentive and knew the wine menu well.

Average price for a hotel restaurant, so a few more pennies - but offers are available online.

Unfortunately, after dinner we did see a mouse run accross the restaurant floor. Our waitress said it was a known issue and they were dealing with it.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We visited the Landseer for Sunday lunch with my son and his wife. The decor was stylish and the food very good, well cooked and presented. It was not very busy so we enjoyed very good service. We all enjoyed a relaxed lunch.

3  Thank Diane B