“Overall a poor stay...”
Review of Trebovir Hotel

Trebovir Hotel
Ranked #775 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 20 May 2013

We stayed at the trebovir hotel for 1 night and i have to agree with many of the previous reviews that the experience was underwhelming.. i honestly struggle to point out any positives... the only positive is that it is very close to earls court metro.
Upon arrival we were greeted by the receptionist whos behaviour was somewhat patronising and arrogant. in all fairness we had a difficult night due to transport difficulties and we looked a bit dishevelled but that shouldnt have affected the way we were treated/spoken to. We paid almost £90 for a lower ground room!that doesnt sound like a bargain to me!! the room we were allocated smelled and staff had liberally used cheap room spray tocover the smell up. The size of the room was tiny but the main issue for us was the dollhouse sized toilet! It is so small that my left leg was in the shower space when using the toilet.airline size toilet with a very small shower on side. Overall quite poor for the price. As for the breakfast ...we arrived at 8.45ish and there were no seats left! After 5mins we were shown to a table that was so cramped we had to move the table out of its original place so we could take a seat without having to move everyone else arounds us from their seats. Breakfast was simple but ok. A mini croissant with cheese and ham...my husband had toast with butter and jam. Concentrate orange juice was available coffee and tea as well as some cereal. Overall breakfast ok but nothing special. We didnt complain as we read some of the comments of other customers who complained but nothing happened...i dont believe it should be down to the customer to tell the hotel how to provide excellent customer service.it shouldnt be up to us to use our time to complain to managers that dont want to hear any of it. It is the hotels responsibility to ensure all customers receive very high quality of customer service every time we use your hotel.would not recommend...
Finally i agree with the previous review.. the photos are different to the real hotel experience... it seems the reception area is where all the money has gone to. Leaving nothing for the lower ground rooms...

1  Thank Greaves2010

Reviewed 19 May 2013

Great location.takes only tube for GBP 1.70 with oyster card to arrive from LHR.
Rooms are small but efficiently furnished and clean. Personal very helpful.storage of luggage free after checkout (other economic hotels do charge these days) tube around corner plenty of coffee shops and restaurants as well.
My favourite in London!

Room Tip: Being in central london you always get some noise either tube or street noise.if extremely sensitive...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 May 2013 via mobile

It is humanly impossible to stay in a room as small as this. The bathroom really takes the cake. It looks like a portable toilet had been built into the room. How I survived for 3 days in this hotel is beyond me. The only bright side to all this was the extremely helpful manager by the name of Arpit Patel.

1  Thank Paramalingam67
Reviewed 16 May 2013

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 13 May 2013

I was unfortunate to be given a lower ground floor single room. Well I nearly suffocated from the smell of sewage or gas in the room. My complaints fell on deaf ears. Pity because the hotel is in a good location. I found long hairs on my bed cover.
Why did I not walk out? Because I was exhausted, it was late evening, and I had a very early start in the morning. El Cheapo tea and coffee bags in the room, two only sugar sachets. Why they skimp on 10 or 20 cents is beyond me.
Caveat emptor, buyer beware if you choose to stay here.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank zimbax
Mark0brien, General Manager at Trebovir Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2013

Thank you ‘zimbax’ for taking the time to post a review of our hotel.
It concerns me that your room smelled like sewage or gas as I am not aware of this problem within our hotel. As you mentioned it was a lower ground floor room I have asked my Head Housekeeper to inspect all the rooms in the lower ground for any bad smells. If there is a maintenance issue I shall have it rectified immediately.
As reviewed by many other travellers our hotel is spotlessly clean and each room is checked thoroughly before letting. I have passed your comment about the long hairs on your bed cover to the Head Housekeeper who will investigate which room attendant is shedding hair and report back to me. Any stray hairs should be picked up as part of room checking prior to re letting.
I do not know with the ‘El Cheapo’ brand which you seem to be familiar with. We use quality tea and coffee sachets in all our rooms. We limit the amount we provide in the rooms due to lack of space on the hospitality tray. The trays are replenished on a daily basis. If a guest requires more they usually call reception for more to be delivered or will collect some themselves.

Reviewed 11 May 2013

Money is best spent on a good hotel, this place is not clean and not worth what you pay. Do not give deposit.
Small dirty room, awful smell of damp or wet in the air, everybody complaining at reception. I feel bad for staff. Pictures on website nothing like the actual, this should not be allowed by tourist board.

1  Thank Vincent1980L

I am saddened to hear that you did not have a pleasant experience at our hotel. I have to refute most of what you say as our hotel is clean as is testified by many travellers on various review websites. I am not sure which room you were allocated and can find no reference to any complaints made regarding damp smelly rooms in the hotel complaints diary.
If you had complained to the reception we would have done our upmost to move your room if it was possible.
The pictures on the website are typical examples of the rooms in our hotel.

Reviewed 9 May 2013

During a recent trip to London, I stayed for 3 nights at the Trebovir. I was pleased with my choice. The location is fantastic with the Earl's Court tube station around the corner and many restaurants/pubs and shopping so close. The rooms are small, but if your main goal is sightseeing, then the room offers exactly what you need in terms of a comfortable bed, cleanliness, and hot shower. I opted for a double room which was decent for 1 person, especially if coming from the American perspective of being used to more space in a hotel room. The tiny bathrooms may be a challenge for a very tall or heavier weight person but was fine for me being a shorter and smaller frame. The staff was decent and helpful when I asked any questions. The on-site included continental breakfast was adequate to start the day, but if you want a more substantial breakfast, you should go elsewhere. Also, they have a luggage storage room, which is handy if you arrive before check-in or need to leave your luggage for a bit after you checkout. The room prices were affordable. Overall, it was a decent stay.

Room Tip: Get a room that faces the street and not the tube station.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends