“Shabby...but not chic!”
Review of Trebovir Hotel

Trebovir Hotel
Ranked #733 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Reviewed 3 October 2013

Booked this hotel by mistake..should have chosen The Mayflower next door! The Trebovir is cramped, tired and certainly not value for money. For £155 per night, I at least expect the TV in my room to work and for the bathroom to be bigger than one in a caravan! I requested to be moved from my ground floor 'cell' as the noise from the street kept me awake all night. My alternative room on the 3rd floor had walls so thin that I could hear my neighbour combing his hair! My advice...avoid at all costs

Reviewed 29 September 2013

I stayed a while ago, but now im on Tripadvisor i thought Id leave a review. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here. Being on a budget and trying to afford London, this was the best place to be. The free breakfast and Wifi were lifesavers. The staff were helpful when needed. If you want something fancy, go stay somewhere fancy. This is for the traveller that is travelling not a resort. Would love to stay again.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 September 2013

Although the employees at the front desk and in the breakfast room were pleasant, this hotel has extremely small rooms (5x8 for a $300 a night single) with tiny bathrooms where only a child up to about aged 8 could shower. Yes, there is "free" wifi in the rooms but it is sporadic and often takes a call to the front desk to have the router rebooted in order to access the internet. Breakfast is complimentary but, again, not really worth the price because you get white toast a slice of ham and a slice of cheese. Even though it's London and tea's the thing, the kitchen could really use instructions on how to make a decent cup of coffee. The hallway carpets were dirty and even though it is a non-smoking hotel quite often the floor I was on smelled of smoke. The best part about the hotel is the location - Earl's Court. I would not recommend Trebovir unless you don't mind spending a lot of money for very little.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Mark0brien, General Manager at Trebovir Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2013

Thank you ‘lorcasmom’ for posting a review of our hotel. I am happy that you found the location of the hotel and my staff to be pleasant and accommodating. The rooms in the hotel are compact as is well documented on Tripadvisor and other review websites. We do offer free Wi-Fi throughout the building and sometimes there are glitches with it. As you rightly point out a quick reset of the routers usually remedies this. Breakfast consists of tea, coffee, freshly baked croissants, toast, ham, cheese, cereals etc. You do not state what was wrong with the freshly brewed coffee?
The entire hotel is non-smoking but unfortunately some guests choose to ignore this and smoke in their bedrooms. We do not tolerate this and if identified we will charge anyone found smoking in the building for deep cleaning of the room as stated on the back of the bedroom doors.

Reviewed 21 September 2013

Small, dirty rooms, small toilet, no safety locks, awful service at the reception desk. The only polite people were in the breakfast room. I want to forget it as soon as possible. Friend was given room in Lower ground. That was even a bigger nightmare. All night she heard the elevator announcement (you are on the lower ground floor, or so). Room smelled like petrol, bugs, unclean. Just try to avoid this one. The only positive thing was the location. Do not be fooled by the website pics and the front of the hotel. Just awful.

Room Tip: That is impossible. Avoid the hotel
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for posting your experience of our hotel. The rooms in our hotel are compact but spotlessly clean as reviewed on Tripadvisor and other third party websites. You state that the service at reception was ‘awful’ but you don’t tell me why or what was so awful about it. My Housekeeper and I have checked all the basement rooms for a ‘petrol, bugs and unclean’ smell but to no avail. We will however be keeping a close eye/nose on it.
The photographs on all the websites are of the hotel and are a true representation of the building.

Reviewed 18 September 2013

Unfortunately my usual hotel, the K&K George was fully booked so I tried the Trebovir which is a stones throw from the K&K. The only good thing about the Trebovir is its location in Earls Court and the free internet.

The staff at the reception were ok, however I was asked to pay in advance, which is new to me, but in hindsight I can understand why. The room I got was in the basement, dark, uncomfortable bed and only a tiny window. The bathroom was so small that I could not take a shower or shave without having to bend over. Also quite unnerving was the fact that you could feel and hear the vibrations of the underground trains that pass nearby.

Breakfast was a huge disappointment.

Overall the price I had to pay was massively too high and the gentlemen at the reception during checkout agreed, but would not give me a discount. I will not return.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank ridemywave
Reviewed 13 September 2013

Extremly small rooms with ridiculously small bathroom. If you want to use it, you can not close the doors because you can not fit in. Real suprise is when you open the toilet lid, you can find someone elses "no2". Literrarly, fecies are going from neighbours toilet. Lower ground rooms smell on petrol, and overall smell and a hygiene of the hotel is poor. Doors can not be locked and a door key is too heavy and quite interesting. Breakfast is ok and a location is good.

Room Tip: Pls do not take any room here
3  Thank Zrinka F

Thank you for your review. I am glad you enjoyed the location of our Hotel. It is superbly located next to Earls Court Underground and the shops, restaurants and bars on Earls Court Road. The rooms in our hotel are compact but they are well appointed. I refute your claims about finding the neighbours faeces in your toilet. The rooms are checked prior to letting by the Head Housekeeper. The bedroom doors can all be locked and are secure.

Reviewed 1 September 2013

Friendly stuff always willing to serve. Breakfast although very quick and limited, service was outstanding.

A bit disappointed with the size of the room and the facilities in general. It was a couple of dollars less expensive the the Crown Hotel which I found quite decent. There is absolutely no room at all. I had to place my laptop on the night table. Bathroom is for one person period like in a portable.

In general good value, website overstate the place. My daughter words... "Dad, I feel in a cruise ship"

I would use it again.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back are quiter
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family