“Much disappointed”

Ranked #858 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Rome, Italy
“Much disappointed”
Reviewed 31 March 2014

I changed the habitual hotel in Earls Court and just after a while I realised what great mistake I made...An incredibile small room and tiny toilet, a nasty smell in the corridor and the personnel rude to complete the picture. Forget the breakfast: thawed croissant and pastry and no other choice...
The only advantages are the reasonable price and proximity to the tube.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank spacifico76

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Before I checked into this crap hole, I was staying at a hostel. I comparison, the hostel was much nicer, cleaner, and adhered to their advertisements. The room here is actually smaller than my closet back home. The bathroom is literally 3 feet by 3 feet. The shower is 2 feet by 2 1/2 feet. If you are at all disabled, you can pretty much forget about taking a shower without falling and seriously injuring yourself. The front desk staff have been lovely for the most part, however, the younger male that works the night shift is a turd. Breakfast is suppose to be included in the cost of the room. I was advised upon check in that it is served from 7-10AM. When I went to grab some coffee at 9:15AM the turd front desk guy yelled at me and said that breakfast lasts till 10 only on Sunday. In addition, the walls are paper thin. I have to wear earplugs every night because I can hear ever word that my neighbors are saying. And, when you leave your room, you must leave your room key at the front desk and pick it up when you get back. This is annoying because last night several other guests and myself had to wait 20 minutes in the rain and cold for the turd front desk guy to get back on duty, Although this hotel was inexpensive, it was still too much for what you get. I could NOT recommend this hotel to anyone, unless, you don't plan on sleeping well or taking a shower; then, this is place is for you.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank andeem

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

Reviewed 20 March 2014 via mobile

We ended up here after moving from a hotel down the street because of needing a larger & quieter room. The desk manager was helpful and let us see the room before paying and let us pay by the night. As we found with the other hotel on this street, rooms facing the street are not noisy, but those at the back get noise from the tube station. We had a 3rd floor street view room with a large window- which helped keep the room comfortable even in spring temperatures. There is an AC but it wasn't turned on for the season yet. The room was clean & comfy but the decor is basic. Newly renovated bathrooms are nice. The daytime desk clerk, housekeeping, and breakfast room staff were all polite & helpful (night desk clerk was polite but not friendly). Very convenient location for tube, restaurants & grocery.

Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Belmarmom
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Arrived from a long trip and were not able to get room until later in the afternoon. The hotel is well situated and easy access from Heathrow. Safe and very nice neighbourhood. Call ahead to book room and floor. When you arrive you might have some surprises.

Room Tip: If travelling with a family stay away from the family room on the basement (awful), We booked 2 room...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Peterborough, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Being situated 2 minutes walk from Earls Court underground station makes this a winner however, it is somewhat compact, I booked a double room and when we arrived my wife and I were allocated a room on the lower ground floor (basement), as a double it was small to say the least, if it was for a single occupancy it would have been fine, but for 2 normal sized people it was far too small, the shower cubical was almost impossible to shower in with any degree of comfort. The tea and coffee making facilities were on a specialist shelf screwed to the wall in such a way as to render it again almost impossible to use with ease and as for the quoted "generous" breakfast enough said really (2 slices of "ham" 2 of cheese 1 piece of toast and 1 croissant plus tea or coffee 1 cup).
Having said all this the room was air conditioned, clean and warm. The bed was old but reasonably comfortable and the room was serviced to a good standard. The reception staff were polite and courteous and as we needed extra towels helpful as were the staff serving breakfast, at a push I would stay there again if I couldn't find somewhere else of a similar price, solely because of the location and a very nice restaurant within easy walking distance for breakfast.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 March 2014

I came to stay for one night in this hotel paying £94, they made us sign and pay before we even got to see the room but as the reception was well presented we didn't think there would be any problems. Once we went up in the lift we entered a room that has pink dirty stained walls and barely room to move for one person never mind two! I am small and barely fitted in what they called a bathroom never mind being actually able to shower! there was one dirty mirror and we had an awful view. Therefore we went down and requested to change room if not we wanted our money back to go elsewhere. The boy behind the desk pretended to not understand us and messed around on his computer for a bit and said they might have another room then decided to go on the phone for about half an hour! Then heard him book someone else in and said he had no rooms to swap us to so would have to stay there cause he wasn't going to give us the money back and did not help us in the slightest! Apparently his manager 'wasn't there' and took our key and we went to stay at the Amsterdam across the road, would recommend there over this place any day!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank julygirls L
Macclesfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 February 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights and yes it is a budget hotel, however their website is very misleading .

Reception and corridors are presented well. However upon entering my room, it was tiny and the bathroom is not a bathroom its a shower room and about the size of an airplane toilet, its a plastic pod and if you are tall or wide, you have no chance

The room decor was awful, stains on the wall, lampshades and chipped paint.

The TV picture constantly broke up, never worked

Cheap horrible towels that were like sandpaper and very small

The bed had the cheapest matteress one can buy

The room smelt

My view was of Earls Court tube station and due to overnight work the sound of a generator and angle grinding was very loud, not the hotels fault but doesn't help when you are staying in a room which makes you feel grubby, sleep did not happen for me!

Happened to be in reception when a woman was complaining and the receptionist dialled 999 to report her for swearing at him, I couldn't believe it, how dare he waste police time, I was so angry

To top off my miserable stay, I asked the receptionist to order a cab, my journey was just over a mile and the previous day in a black cab cost £7, this one cost £13 and I was told that is their minimum charge. The receptionist never informed me of this, poor service

Breakfast, was cold undercooked toast, cheap ham and cheese with a small crossiant

If you are on a strict budget and not fussy then its ok, however there are many other budget hotels in London that do a much better job

Not recommended for business travellers like me, unfortunately the business aquaintance I was with booked this hotel without checking the reviews

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business