The Kensington
US$247
US$232
Doubletree
  • Restaurant
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$215
US$210
US$170
CrownePlaza.com
  • Restaurant
Park Plaza London Riverbank(London)(Great Value!)
US$199
US$155
US$254
US$224
galahotels.com
3,170 results
All reviewsafternoon teaold brompton roadqueens gatebeautiful hotelthe natural history museumvictoria and albert museumturn down servicenespresso machinesuperior roomlounge areathe location is perfecttube stationrooms are smallconciergeharrodstownhouseturndown
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 January 2012

Partner and myself needed a break to clear january blues, bit hassled after work had mislaid passport at airport dreadful traffic in Dublin... and we arrived. The front desk was an oasis of peace and courtesy, gave us heated travel towels whilst waiting to check in and on we go.

The hotel is beautiful, full of antique furtniture, wonderful paintings, beautiful library serving as the 'Aubrey' restaurant. The bar manager and staff were excellent knew their drinks but be careful of pushing the most expensive drinks on customers. Also disappointed as this hotel belongs to the Doyle Collection didn't see an Irish Whiskey in sight at bar !

Room was smallish but classic bed and furniture, bath and shower alittle high to access for older clients with mobility problems

Had evening food which was adequate and breakfast the following morning was very good.
What made our weekend was the personal attention of staff, nothing was too much for them, we were always greeted and made feel at home.

The hotel is central for tubes and buses and has a wide selection of cafes, pubs and restaurants on its doorstep. A must for the Weary Traveller looking for a 'Pick Me Up.'
We Will Be Back !!!

Room Tip: Corner Room might be a little bigger, not sure
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mikeyDublin
TheKensingtonHotel, Front Office Manager at The Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2012

Dear MikeyDublin,
Thank you very much for your Kind review following your stay with us.
I am very happy that you enjoyed the service and décor of the Kensington Hotel ,be assure that I already passed your nice feedback to our Team Members.
I saw your comment about our Bar and I am very sorry you had that impression, but I can reassure you that it is not what we intended.
Should you have the opportunity to visit Aubrey Bar again, I am glad to inform you that we do have a selection of Irish and International Whiskeys.
Should you need a new room booking please do let me know, I will personally assist you and I will be able to allocate an easy access room as well.
I hope to welcome you back soon to the Kensington hotel
Kindest regards

Reviewed 22 January 2012

We enjoyed our 3 day stay while visiting the sights and sounds of London. Excellent facilities as would be expected. The service is second to none and it is within easy reach of attractions.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BigAlbert66
TheKensingtonHotel, Front Office Manager at The Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2012

Dear BigAlbert66,
Thank you for reviewing your experience at the Kensington Hotel. I really appreciate your feedback , I know this takes time . I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and I am looking forward to your next visit. Should you be coming to London again please do not hesitate to contact me directly at chiara_vierchowod@doylecollection.com
Kind Regards

Reviewed 19 January 2012

I love this charming classic five star hotel. Perfect towels and bed linens, elegant relaxed perfectly appointed sitting areas, old world charm… When I arrived everything went wrong. I had no heat, my key cards would not work and the robe was missing its sash tie. I went to the desk three times and politely complained because nothing had yet happened. I am never disrespectful no matter how disappointed I might be. The most professional and courteous woman, Vanessa Kunze said” well that is enough of that” and they move me to a beautiful room. Problems occur but what matters is what is done about them. If the Doyle Collection people are as professional as their hotels look, the next property will be managed by Ms. Kunze. I will stay here every time I stay in London. Also the location is great from Heathrow. Simply jump on the Piccadilly Tube and get off at South Kensington. It is perfect for a romantic weekend in London. Of and go see War Horse! And eat dinner at the Harwood Arms. Perfect Gastro Pub food… You will never say English food isn’t world class food again…

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank WineGeek10001
TheKensingtonHotel, Front Office Manager at The Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2012

Dear WineGeek10001,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review ! I know that these things take time and I wanted to express my gratitude as your feedback is both useful and valued .
I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and I more than happy to hear that you found our staff helpful and professional. Please be assured that I have already passed your amazing comments to Vanessa.
Should you be come to London again please feel free to contact me personally at Chiara_vierchowod@doylecollection.com to help you with your booking.
I am looking forward to welcoming you back to the Kensington Hotel.
Warm Regards

Reviewed 14 January 2012

I stay at The Kensington every time I need to stay in London and I love it. The staff are wonderful, friendly and helpful. The bar and lounge are beautiful and the rooms are smart and furnished beautifully. My only gripe is that the pillows are too hard for my liking. Classy, boutique and personal.

• Stayed: December 2011
2  Thank ServicemattersLondon
TheKensingtonHotel, Front Office Manager at The Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2012

Dear ServicemattersLondon,
Thank you very much for your kind words. I am really happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and I have passed your feedback and nice comments to our team members.
Should you be coming to London again please do let me know , I will make sure that all your preferences are taken into consideration.
I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon at the Kensington Hotel.
Kind regards

chiara_vierchowod@doylecollection.com

Reviewed 11 January 2012

I spent two nights at the hotel in June 2010 and was most impressed. The staff were very friendly and efficient. I liked the nice touch of a chocolate delivered to my room each night.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank grj187439

Dear grj187439,
Thank you for sharing your experience at the Kensington Hotel.
I really appreciate your feedback and I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Should you be coming to London again please feel free to contact me directly to assist in your next booking.
I am looking forward to welcoming you back.
Warm Regards