“Great Location, Fantastic Staff!!!”
Review of The Kensington

The Kensington
Ranked #33 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 28 December 2012

We visited the hotel in November for a spot of shopping before Christmas, this was our second stay at the Kensington and the service just keeps getting better and better.We were just spoilt rotten from beginning to end. It was the small touches that made our stay so special, from the welcome we received in the lobby upon arrival to the lovely turn down service each night. Breakfast was fantastic also, the buffet was displayed so nicely and there was such a huge selection.
The Kensington is our Hotel of choice in London and we look forward to returning again soon.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank Agnes M
Mr-Vincent-OGorman, General Manager at The Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2013

Dear Agnes M,

Thank you for your kind comments,I am most grateful for your feedback, which is such a valuable source of information for me.

It was a pleasure to look after you and I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I am happy to hear that we are your Hotel of choice in London and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 27 December 2012

I am a visitor from New Zealand and working at nearby Imperial College until February 2013. I enjoy relaxing in hotel bars rather than street bars or pubs. Although I am not a guest, I frequently visit the bar after a busy days work to have a couple of Chardonnays and a bite to eat. The atmosphere is sublime, the music is easy-listening and low-key and above all the bar staff are easily the best I have encountered in London! They are extremely welcoming and cheerful everyday! Even when the bar and lounge areas are busy they will always stop for a short or long chat. I would particularly like to mention James, one of the bar managers as he always makes me feel comfortable and at home when I visit after a sometimes fraught days work. The four Italian bartenders are just about the funniest and curtious guys I've had the pleasure to be served by. I would heartily recommend this hotel and bar due to its wonderful service and perfect relaxing atmosphere!
Clive

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank Clive513
TheKensingtonHotel, General Manager at The Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2012

Dear Clive513,

Thank you for taking he time to write such a lovely review of Aubrey Bar. We understand the time it took out of your schedule and we are grateful. It is such a joy to read that you think so highly of our team. We are deeply committed to offering a service that is above and beyond for you, our guest. I have passed on your wonderful words to everyone to enjoy, we truly appreciate them.

James, our bar team and everyone else, myself included, would like to send our thanks for you continuing to choose Aubrey Bar while you are here in London. Your continued loyalty means so much to us.

We look forward to seeing you again soon

Kind regards,

Reviewed 24 December 2012

An ideal location for, site seeing, shopping, the girls and cocktails. We checked in early morning and meet a young gentleman called Ross who kindly took our bags. We were invited in for breakfast as our rooms were not ready, a nice touch and breakfast was amazing. We hit the shops hard and arrived ack to the hotel early evening. We checked in and the rooms were amazing with great views of the tree lined avenue outside. We went for cocktails in Aubrey and Alexandro looked after us with a lot of charm and the cocktails were amazing. We went out or dinner in Mayfair and arrived back for a delightful cocktail before bed. Over all an making say and was a pity we had to leave so early the next day. Well worth a visit!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank Sandra O
TheKensingtonHotel, General Manager at The Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2012

Dear Sandra O,

We were so pleased to read that our location so close to so many wonderful shops, museums, and points of interest made us the perfect choice for a girls holiday.

We aim to create an oasis from a hard days work, play or marathon shopping session. So were we thrilled that we were a haven for you. Ross and Alessandro, as well the rest of the team, really appreciate your kind words, thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

We will be here the next time you want to spend some quality time with your friends, or perhaps you’ll book a romantic stay next time? We would delighted to welcome you whatever the reason.

Reviewed 23 December 2012

I don't know how I've missed out on staying at The Kensington over my past few years of regular stops in London, but I decided to try this hotel following a discerning colleague's recommendation.

I was not disappointed: I'd been staying at other London 5* hotels the week before on a business trip, but The Kensington stood out from the rest!

The refurbishments may be new, but the level of service is underpinned by old-school professionalism with a modern twist. I was already stressed out with jet-lag and juggling my work with family commitments the weekend I stayed, and the staff took everything in their stride.

The decor was just the right balance between grand elegance and homely cosiness. I loved the interior design with modern feature-walls and quality furnishings (which was a major relief after a recent stay at an Ikea-furniture-tries-to-be-hip 5* hotel!). I especially liked the generous spacing of the downstairs drawing rooms just off the lobby, and would definitely hope to spend more time there on my next visit.

I stayed in a superior king room overlooking the back: I would have liked the bathroom to be a bit bigger, but the room dimensions are to-be-expected of London hotels. The room had a warmly ambience (more to do with the interior design, not just the central heating) which made it a welcome sanctuary from the 2oC London winter.

I'm definitely a new fan of The Kensington and have already booked my next stay.

Well done to the Management and Housekeeping team for doing a sterling job!

• Stayed: December 2012
3  Thank DubaiCheuk

Dear DubaiCheuk,

Firstly allow to send our thanks to your colleague for recommending you to us. We are always honoured to hear our guests think so highly of us that they would recommend us. And thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of us for the online travelling community. Your praise means so much to us. It has already been passed onto our team, including those on the design team who work so hard to create a luxurious and comfortable yet individual space for you to enjoy. We are all dedicated to making a welcome space for you after a hard day at work or play. We were thrilled we met your high expectations.

We were delighted to read that you have already booked your next stay, we very much look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 23 December 2012

The Kensington Hotel is located very close to South Kensington tube and the area is well served with coffee shops, Waitrose, restaurants etc. very close to the Natural History Museum, V&A and a 10 min stroll to Harrods. The staff were excellent, attentive and friendly. Our room was a standard room but much larger than others we have been allocated elsewhere at hotels in London, in a similar price range. Two armchairs meant both of us could sit in comfort - so often hotels provide only one, meaning one of us has to sit on the bed or on a desk chair. I was pleased to see a Nespresso coffee maker in the room.Having used Nespresso at home for over 10 years, the quality of a cup of in-room coffee is far superior to those little stick sachets of instant coffee.

The hotel was extremely quiet at night. Carpeted corridors meant no loud footsteps and the quality and cleanliness of the public areas was first class. Although we always stay somewhere different on our shortbreaks to London we would certainly consider a return to The Kensington. The per night room rate without breakfast was £147. Booked through Mr & Mrs Smith.

Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Sue H

Dear Scouser-Sue,

We were pleased that our location in leafy South Kensington, so close to Royal Albert Hall, as well as Museum Row, the infamous Harrods and so many shops and other points of interest was such a benefit to you and led you to choose to be our guest during your visit to London. We were thrilled o have you as our guest.

Our design team are continuously working to create a luxurious yet welcome space for you to relax in. Your kind words about your room and our public areas really do mean so much to them. It was a pleasure to read that you enjoyed your upgrade afforded to as a Mr. & Mrs. Smith member.

We were delighted to read that you will consider us again should you be returning to London. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 22 December 2012

I booked this hotel as I planned to take my wife to The Royal Albert Hall for a Christmas concert. This was a long time dream of hers. The hotel is within a 10 minute walk. Our two night booking also allowed us the time to "do" some shops and try and become a litle more cultured with a museum visit or two.
The hotel is perfectly placed for all these things.

The hotel is advertised as being "London's Finest Townhouse" and the staff go out of their way to try and live up to the billing. The hotel was immaculately clean as were the staff - something sadly lacking in many hotel staff these days. Staff were to a man (and woman) polite, professional and attentive without being intrusive. Nothing was too much trouble right down to a couple of bottles of water for the journey home.

Our daughter had booked us a High tea as a surprise for our first day but unbeknown to us had arrived at the hotel to join us. The hotel staff were happy to "hide her" until we were seated at a table set for two and brought her to join us as we were about to order. It was obvious that they just got pleasure seing the pleasure we got from this wonderful surprise. The High Tea was first class.

I have stayed in a number of hotels in Europe, North America and Canada but have never stopped in one where I have been looked after as well as this. The reception area, dining areas and our room were immaculate. The staff were first rate and without fuss went that "extra mile", something which is missing in many similar establishments today.

I cannot rate this hotel and its staff highly enough. A return is in the offing and this review is well deserved. Thank you for making our Christmas dream come true!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Squidgy4382

Dear Squidgy4382,

Firstly allow me to offer our festive greetings. We hope you enjoyed the period with your loved ones. We delighted to welcome you as our guest for your visit to London. Even more assist your daughter with your extra surprise. We believe in going that extra mile for our guests to surprise and delight you, so this was something we really enjoyed. We hope you will forgive us our small subterfuge.

We were glad that our location so close to Royal Albert Hall, as well as Museum Row, so many shops and other points of interest was such a benefit to you and led you to choose us to help us make your Christmas wish comes true. It was such a pleasure to be a part of this experience for you.

We hope to welcome you back, for more wishes, soon.

Reviewed 22 December 2012

My first visit to London was made memorable, the hotel was boutique and beautiful, breakfast was excellent, bell service was very helpful and the room was comfortable and cosy. The location was simply great. Spent my spare time just by walking in nearby places. i will definitely come back on my next visit to London.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank samuel c

Dear samuel c,

We delighted to welcome you as our guest for your visit to London. Thank you for thinking of us at The Kensington Hotel. It was truly a pleasure to read you wonderful review and such high praise of our team. I have passed your review on for everyone to enjoy, it means so much to us. We were glad our location in leafy South Kensington was so pleasing to you, with the museums so close by, as well as Royal Albert Hall and so many other points of interest, you could spend weeks wandering and not see it all.
We very much look forward to your next visit upon your return to London.