“Warm staying experience. Excellent decor and service.”
Review of The Kensington

The Kensington
Ranked #37 of 1,067 Hotels in London
“Warm staying experience. Excellent decor and service.”
Reviewed 30 December 2012

Stayed for Christmas with family on Luxury studio. Beautiful and spacious room.My son 1 year old especially enjoyed the extra space. Had a nice Christmas present for my son from duty manager. Very thoughtful. Booked for Christmas day dinner and had nice experience. Love the fire place in the lounge with nice decor, perfect setting to relax and have a drink. Will stay again while in London.

• Stayed December 2012
3 Thank samyu1981
Mr-Vincent-OGorman, General Manager at The Kensington, responded to this review, 4 January 2013
Dear samyu1981,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel following your recent stay.I appreciate these things take time and wanted to express my gratitude for your feedback as is both valued and useful.

It was a pleasure to look after you and I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.Christmas is such a special time of year and I am glad that we were able to make it a memorable experience for you.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Kensington Hotel again very soon.

Vincent O’Gorman

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (370)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
london
Reviewed 29 December 2012

I have stayed in this hotel as i was meeting my friends. The girl at the reception who checked me in was very professional and gave me all required information. The room was fantastic and beds were very comfortable. I had drinks in the bar and lunch in the restaurant with my 4 other friends as it was a birthday of my friend. The staffs at the bar & restaurants were fantastic & the service we recieved was just great. They went extramile & brought a birthday cake with candles was just a gr8 surprise for all of us which i dont see in all hotels. Could not find a fault anywhere. I would like to say thanks to all staffs at The Kensington Hotel and will definitely come back. I highly recomend this hotel to everyone. Thanks once again.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank H S
Dear H S,

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback following your recent stay with us, I have shared your comments with our team.

I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and particularly that you found the staff to be so attentive .

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Kensington Hotel again very soon.

Ennis, Ireland
Reviewed 28 December 2012

We visited the hotel in November for a spot of shopping before Christmas, this was our second stay at the Kensington and the service just keeps getting better and better.We were just spoilt rotten from beginning to end. It was the small touches that made our stay so special, from the welcome we received in the lobby upon arrival to the lovely turn down service each night. Breakfast was fantastic also, the buffet was displayed so nicely and there was such a huge selection.
The Kensington is our Hotel of choice in London and we look forward to returning again soon.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank Agnes M
Dear Agnes M,

Thank you for your kind comments,I am most grateful for your feedback, which is such a valuable source of information for me.

I am happy to hear that we are your Hotel of choice in London and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 December 2012

I am a visitor from New Zealand and working at nearby Imperial College until February 2013. I enjoy relaxing in hotel bars rather than street bars or pubs. Although I am not a guest, I frequently visit the bar after a busy days work to have a couple of Chardonnays and a bite to eat. The atmosphere is sublime, the music is easy-listening and low-key and above all the bar staff are easily the best I have encountered in London! They are extremely welcoming and cheerful everyday! Even when the bar and lounge areas are busy they will always stop for a short or long chat. I would particularly like to mention James, one of the bar managers as he always makes me feel comfortable and at home when I visit after a sometimes fraught days work. The four Italian bartenders are just about the funniest and curtious guys I've had the pleasure to be served by. I would heartily recommend this hotel and bar due to its wonderful service and perfect relaxing atmosphere!
Clive

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank Clive513
TheKensingtonHotel, General Manager at The Kensington, responded to this review, 28 December 2012
Dear Clive513,

Thank you for taking he time to write such a lovely review of Aubrey Bar. We understand the time it took out of your schedule and we are grateful. It is such a joy to read that you think so highly of our team. We are deeply committed to offering a service that is above and beyond for you, our guest. I have passed on your wonderful words to everyone to enjoy, we truly appreciate them.

James, our bar team and everyone else, myself included, would like to send our thanks for you continuing to choose Aubrey Bar while you are here in London. Your continued loyalty means so much to us.

We look forward to seeing you again soon

London
Reviewed 24 December 2012

An ideal location for, site seeing, shopping, the girls and cocktails. We checked in early morning and meet a young gentleman called Ross who kindly took our bags. We were invited in for breakfast as our rooms were not ready, a nice touch and breakfast was amazing. We hit the shops hard and arrived ack to the hotel early evening. We checked in and the rooms were amazing with great views of the tree lined avenue outside. We went for cocktails in Aubrey and Alexandro looked after us with a lot of charm and the cocktails were amazing. We went out or dinner in Mayfair and arrived back for a delightful cocktail before bed. Over all an making say and was a pity we had to leave so early the next day. Well worth a visit!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank Sandra O
TheKensingtonHotel, General Manager at The Kensington, responded to this review, 27 December 2012
Dear Sandra O,

We were so pleased to read that our location so close to so many wonderful shops, museums, and points of interest made us the perfect choice for a girls holiday.

We aim to create an oasis from a hard days work, play or marathon shopping session. So were we thrilled that we were a haven for you. Ross and Alessandro, as well the rest of the team, really appreciate your kind words, thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

We will be here the next time you want to spend some quality time with your friends, or perhaps you’ll book a romantic stay next time? We would delighted to welcome you whatever the reason.

Dubai
Reviewed 23 December 2012

I don't know how I've missed out on staying at The Kensington over my past few years of regular stops in London, but I decided to try this hotel following a discerning colleague's recommendation.

I was not disappointed: I'd been staying at other London 5* hotels the week before on a business trip, but The Kensington stood out from the rest!

The refurbishments may be new, but the level of service is underpinned by old-school professionalism with a modern twist. I was already stressed out with jet-lag and juggling my work with family commitments the weekend I stayed, and the staff took everything in their stride.

The decor was just the right balance between grand elegance and homely cosiness. I loved the interior design with modern feature-walls and quality furnishings (which was a major relief after a recent stay at an Ikea-furniture-tries-to-be-hip 5* hotel!). I especially liked the generous spacing of the downstairs drawing rooms just off the lobby, and would definitely hope to spend more time there on my next visit.

I stayed in a superior king room overlooking the back: I would have liked the bathroom to be a bit bigger, but the room dimensions are to-be-expected of London hotels. The room had a warmly ambience (more to do with the interior design, not just the central heating) which made it a welcome sanctuary from the 2oC London winter.

I'm definitely a new fan of The Kensington and have already booked my next stay.

Well done to the Management and Housekeeping team for doing a sterling job!

• Stayed December 2012
3 Thank DubaiCheuk
Dear DubaiCheuk,

Firstly allow to send our thanks to your colleague for recommending you to us. We are always honoured to hear our guests think so highly of us that they would recommend us. And thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of us for the online travelling community. Your praise means so much to us. It has already been passed onto our team, including those on the design team who work so hard to create a luxurious and comfortable yet individual space for you to enjoy. We are all dedicated to making a welcome space for you after a hard day at work or play. We were thrilled we met your high expectations.

We were delighted to read that you have already booked your next stay, we very much look forward to welcoming you back.

UK
Reviewed 23 December 2012 via mobile

The Kensington Hotel is located very close to South Kensington tube and the area is well served with coffee shops, Waitrose, restaurants etc. very close to the Natural History Museum, V&A and a 10 min stroll to Harrods. The staff were excellent, attentive and friendly. Our room was a standard room but much larger than others we have been allocated elsewhere at hotels in London, in a similar price range. Two armchairs meant both of us could sit in comfort - so often hotels provide only one, meaning one of us has to sit on the bed or on a desk chair. I was pleased to see a Nespresso coffee maker in the room.Having used Nespresso at home for over 10 years, the quality of a cup of in-room coffee is far superior to those little stick sachets of instant coffee.

The hotel was extremely quiet at night. Carpeted corridors meant no loud footsteps and the quality and cleanliness of the public areas was first class. Although we always stay somewhere different on our shortbreaks to London we would certainly consider a return to The Kensington. The per night room rate without breakfast was £147. Booked through Mr & Mrs Smith.

Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Sue H
Dear Scouser-Sue,

We were pleased that our location in leafy South Kensington, so close to Royal Albert Hall, as well as Museum Row, the infamous Harrods and so many shops and other points of interest was such a benefit to you and led you to choose to be our guest during your visit to London. We were thrilled o have you as our guest.

Our design team are continuously working to create a luxurious yet welcome space for you to relax in. Your kind words about your room and our public areas really do mean so much to them. It was a pleasure to read that you enjoyed your upgrade afforded to as a Mr. & Mrs. Smith member.

We were delighted to read that you will consider us again should you be returning to London. We hope to welcome you back soon.