The Kensington
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$328
US$247
US$232
Doubletree
  • Restaurant
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$215
US$210
US$170
CrownePlaza.com
  • Restaurant
Park Plaza London Riverbank(London)(Great Value!)
US$199
US$155
US$254
US$224
galahotels.com
3,170 results
All reviewsafternoon teaold brompton roadqueens gatebeautiful hotelthe natural history museumvictoria and albert museumturn down servicenespresso machinesuperior roomlounge areathe location is perfecttube stationrooms are smallconciergeharrodstownhouseturndown
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 December 2012

Having previously experienced Afternoon Tea at the Kensington Hotel, I loved the idea of enjoying my Christmas Dinner in the surroundings of the beautiful Hotel, very secure in the knowledge that I would be very well looked after by the wonderful staff who always serve with a sincere smile!

The day could not have been more perfect. Arriving by taxi to the Hotel a little earlier than our booking, we were met at the door by someone who took our coats and showed us through to the lounge to relax before our table was ready. We had time to glance over the drinks list and get a couple of good photos under the gorgeous Christmas Tree, before being escorted through to the Restaurant where we were presented a glass of mulled wine each along with the menu.

There was a very nice range on the menu, and after making our choices, we were treated like VIPS. The table was laden with goodies including christmas crackers and warm, freshly baked breads.

The food was exceptional quality. Ham Hock and Foie Gras croquettes as a starter which was light but indulgent...perfect.

I was quite picky with my main and asked for the meat from one dish to be served with the trimmings of another, and after an initial confusion on what I was asking for, it arrived perfectly done and tasting beautiful. Venison Wellington which melted on the tongue with traditional christmas trimmings including Pigs in Blankets and stuffing, I could not have asked for better.

After the main, we had a small break from the food before sitting back down to enjoy dessert which again was faultless.
We were escorted back to the lounge after the meal where we sat, drank more mulled wine and coffee, ate mince pies, and generally felt like kings.

The staff could not have been more helpful and went out of their way to make our experience perfect. The place was decked beautifully and helped the christmas spirit. And the food was utterly gorgeous! 10/10 and the perfect Christmas for £52 per person. Thank you!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
5  Thank Tom H
Mr-Vincent-OGorman, General Manager at The Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2013

Dear Tom H,

I truly appreciate your review following your Christmas Dinner experience with us here with us at the Kensington, your feedback as is both valued and useful.

It was a pleasure to look after you and I am delighted that we were able to make it such a memorable experience for you.

I have past on your kind words to my team here and I look forward to welcoming you back to The Kensington Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 30 December 2012

Stayed in the Kensington Hotel during the summer, beautiful property, lounge areas are sublime with excellent service.
Very friendly and welcoming service from concierge and receptionist on arrival. The porter escorted me to the room with my luggage which was a nice touch.
Cocktails other bar in the evening were amazing, the bar tenders all have a little finesse with a personality.
The service in the restaurant was fantastic for a hotel restaurant, with really good menu choice.
Really nice touch on check out, the receptionist gave me a bottle of water to travel with, looking forward to my return visit next time in London

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Damian M

Dear Damian M,

I was so glad to read about your wonderful stay here with us. It is so encouraging to our team to hear such positive comments like yours, thank you so much for taking the time out to review our Hotel.

I am delighted that we were able to make your stay a memorable one and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Kensington hotel in the future.

Reviewed 30 December 2012

Stayed for Christmas with family on Luxury studio. Beautiful and spacious room.My son 1 year old especially enjoyed the extra space. Had a nice Christmas present for my son from duty manager. Very thoughtful. Booked for Christmas day dinner and had nice experience. Love the fire place in the lounge with nice decor, perfect setting to relax and have a drink. Will stay again while in London.

• Stayed: December 2012
3  Thank samyu1981

Dear samyu1981,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel following your recent stay.I appreciate these things take time and wanted to express my gratitude for your feedback as is both valued and useful.

It was a pleasure to look after you and I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.Christmas is such a special time of year and I am glad that we were able to make it a memorable experience for you.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Kensington Hotel again very soon.

Reviewed 29 December 2012

I have stayed in this hotel as i was meeting my friends. The girl at the reception who checked me in was very professional and gave me all required information. The room was fantastic and beds were very comfortable. I had drinks in the bar and lunch in the restaurant with my 4 other friends as it was a birthday of my friend. The staffs at the bar & restaurants were fantastic & the service we recieved was just great. They went extramile & brought a birthday cake with candles was just a gr8 surprise for all of us which i dont see in all hotels. Could not find a fault anywhere. I would like to say thanks to all staffs at The Kensington Hotel and will definitely come back. I highly recomend this hotel to everyone. Thanks once again.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank H S

Dear H S,

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback following your recent stay with us, I have shared your comments with our team.

I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and particularly that you found the staff to be so attentive .

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Kensington Hotel again very soon.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 28 December 2012

We visited the hotel in November for a spot of shopping before Christmas, this was our second stay at the Kensington and the service just keeps getting better and better.We were just spoilt rotten from beginning to end. It was the small touches that made our stay so special, from the welcome we received in the lobby upon arrival to the lovely turn down service each night. Breakfast was fantastic also, the buffet was displayed so nicely and there was such a huge selection.
The Kensington is our Hotel of choice in London and we look forward to returning again soon.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank Agnes M

Dear Agnes M,

Thank you for your kind comments,I am most grateful for your feedback, which is such a valuable source of information for me.

I am happy to hear that we are your Hotel of choice in London and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.