“top notch hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Kensington

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
The Kensington
Ranked #33 of 1,086 Hotels in London
Barcelona, Spain
“top notch hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2014

This is a beautiful hotel and we cannot fault it, a wonderful location on brompton road with excellent and easy access to the stores and museums.
the main big attractions in this location are (natural history museum, royal albert hall, science museum, hyde park and Harrods, the extras are the fine cuisines just 5 minutes walk like japanese, italian and european. The rooms are dazzling and clean,beds were comfy. The personalised service is impeccable from the waiters, receptionists and the concierge is truly outstanding and I would recommend this hotel highly.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ttry7898
andrea D, Manager at The Kensington, responded to this review, 31 January 2014
Thank so very much for your you comments . We are very pleased to have created such fabulous memories for you. It is such a pleasure to read how our team’s attentiveness and personal service particularly stood out for you. We are also delighted to know that you found our location to be so great also and hope it wont be long until you come and visit us again in The Kensington Hotel.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (364)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2014

This was a boutique hotel and it was a very posh place to stay in London. I would've given it all 5s but, our television wasn't working properly in the room. Sometimes it would work sometimes it wouldn't and the staff were not very quick about resolving this problem. Also, when we arrived the extra throw blanket at the foot of our bed had hair on it. Pretty gross. The maids immediately came to rectify the situation and provided a brand new blanket which was much appreciated. The staff was very nice and very helpful. My husband and I did eat in the restaurant and it was excellent. For the price we might stay there again, but I might look at other places comparable to theirs for a different experience. I'm very particular about bathrooms and I must say that the bathrooms were immaculate.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
andrea D, Manager at The Kensington, responded to this review, 31 January 2014
Thank you for your recent review. I was delighted that you enjoyed our stay with us, particularly that you found our team to be so friendly. It was disappointing to hear about the issues you experienced and I would like to assure you that these matters have been addressed. Please feel free to contact me directly the time you are travelling to London as I would personally like to look after your booking for you. Once again many thanks for your comments and we look forward to seeing you again soon. Kind Regards, Andrea Doyle
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2014

This hotel is a 5 star hotel and the location is first rate, a few minutes walk to the hyde park and museums, theatres,knightsbridge and if you have more time you can get to westfield and enjoy more shopping, the hotel is clean ,cosy and neatly decorated with a perfectly homely charms around it. The staff treat you very well, and extremely helpful.

• Stayed January 2014
3 Thank amrik302
andrea D, Manager at The Kensington, responded to this review, 29 January 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to write this absolutely lovely review.
We are all so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to your London home again soon.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2014

After months since I visited this hotel, I took my mum to enjoy a nice afternoon tea at the Kensington hotel and the standards are still high, Jennifer at the reception kindly escorted us to the lounge and there we met George with his winning smile still like the last time. We started the afternoon with a pot of earl grey and afterwards continued with the sandwiches. I'm very impressed with this hotel for maintaining good food and service. I can’t wait to return soon.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
andrea D, Manager at The Kensington, responded to this review, 29 January 2014
Thank you for returning to see us, we were delighted to have looked after you and you’re Mum for afternoon tea .Our Drawing Room is such a beautiful setting to relax in and Afternoon Tea is a speciality of ours. It was great to hear that Jennifer, George and all our team were able to create such fabulous memories for you. We all hope that next time you are in our neighbourhood you will have time to come and join us in our beautiful Aubrey restaurant. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Dunfermline, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2014

My wife and I stayed at The Kensington for 3 nights (23-26/01/14). The room was compact and hanging and storage areas a bit tight but the room was excellently equipped and the bed very comfortable. Our package included breakfast which was as extensive as you wanted and the service impeccable. The hotel is well located and the doorman seems to be able to memorise everyone's name which provides a welcome touch.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Eric O
andrea D, Manager at The Kensington, responded to this review, 29 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to writing such a lovely review and we were delighted to hear that you found the room so comfortable and the atmosphere so friendly and relaxing .We all look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in London.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

I booked this because its rates seemed to be about half what the other five stars were charging, so I knew it would not offer the full five star treatment.

The location is excellent, easy access on the tube from Heathrow and up into the West End, lovely café area around the South Ken tube and you can stroll up to Knightsbridge and Hyde Park.

However, even though the service is extremely pleasant and friendly, and therefore very good, this is not a five star experience: more than one member of staff failed to set the table properly at breakfast, I wasn't offered a menu for the cooked breakfast, someone tried to take away food before I was finished and then left without taking away the glass and plate I'd left aside. None of this annoyed me because they were all so pleasant, but it's not five star. I was a bit less impressed with cleaning staff banging in my door at nine o'clock on the morning I checked out and then walking away without explanation.

I had a superior room which had a good bathroom, bedding, nespresso machine and tea (thanks you for proper milk), but it was very small. I wouldn't like to have booked a standard room.

All in all, for the rate I paid and given the great location, I would stay here again in a heartbeat but some serious staff training is required before this could be called a five star. All extremely pleasant though.

Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Siobhan19
andrea_doyle@doylecollection.com
Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2014

I stayed at this hotel for business trip while in London, I chose to stay at Kensington hotel after reading the good reviews and this hotel is superbly maintained by management,all staff were busy and we still had excellent service from the point of checking in until when we left the building, The hotel is a few miles from Harrods, and a few metres from the south kensington station. in conclusion this is a fantastic hotel and would recommend it highly

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
andrea D, Manager at The Kensington, responded to this review, 26 January 2014
Thank you very much for this amazing review and your recommendation. I am so pleased you enjoyed your experience and found our location to be so great for business and visiting London. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip.