“Wonderful Hotel and Great Service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Kensington

The Kensington
Ranked #35 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Oshkosh, Wisconsin
“Wonderful Hotel and Great Service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

This was an amazing hotel from the moment I stepped into the lobby. The staff go out of their way to make sure everything is wonderful. My room was comfortable and had every amenity you could want. The concierge booked us a BMW to the airport and offered suggestions for a wonderful Italian meal in the area. It is in a quaint neighborhood with several restaurants and shopping nearby. Our waiter for breakfast was wonderful anticipating our every need and the food was delicious. On my next trip to London I am sure to come back and stay here my only bummer was that I wasn't staying longer!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank Michele M
andrea D, Manager at The Kensington, responded to this review, 11 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a wonderful review, we do greatly appreciate the feedback. I was delighted to hear that our Concierge made some fantastic reccommendations for you during your stay, and that you enjoyed the beautiful surroundings of South Kensington. Your kind comments regarding our staff will certainly be passed back to the team, and on behalf of us all we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (367)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Cramlington, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

My husband and myself were in London celebrating our 10th Wedding Anniversary and we were looking for somewhere special for afternoon tea. Well I am so glad we found this gem of a place! From the moment we were shown to our table we knew that this was somewhere special! Once we were seated a glass of champagne was brought over to us by George, what a lovely man he is! I don't think I have ever met a waiter so helpful and friendly, his smile lit the whole room! I had mentioned at the time of booking that it was our anniversary and the chef had prepared a special plate just for us, as well as the usual afternoon tea. The tea is fantastic and we were also given an extra pot of hot water to top our teas up with! The food was lovely, fantastic sandwiches, scones with clotted cream and jam so delicious! And the cakes, well what can I say I have never enjoyed cake as much as I did! We sat for over two hours, and we were never once hurried or felt as if we had over stayed our welcome! This really is a must for afternoon tea if you are in the area and I would return if I am in London again!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Emma G
andrea D, Manager at The Kensington, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful review. It is fantastic to read how much you enjoyed your experience with us and that we managed to exceed your expectations. We have shared your comments with our team and we are all looking forward to welcoming you back to your London home again soon.
Belgium, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

I had a great time at this hotel.

It is very well situated, close to main subway lines and within easy walking distance of all great attractions.

It is well furnished and was perfect for our week. The rooms was extremely comfortable, which is nice after a long day walking up and down the city. Good heating system too, very appreciated

As said before in the comments, it is a a home away from home the, but nothing you would not expect in a city centre with a homely feel. The bathroom was awesome- the water was plentiful and that was definitely a plus and I think it's worth the credit.

Communication with the guest relation staff was easy (thanks Szilvia !!), and I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to enjoy a gateaway in London england!

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank 112deb
andrea D, Manager at The Kensington, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review. It was a pleasure to have you with us and to know that you thought so highly of our hotel, our team and our service in particular is incredibly motivating for us all. We are also delighted to know that you liked our rooms so much, yes I have to agree our new air-conditioning system is amazing!.Thank you for your personal recommendation, this means a lot and we are very grateful for your support. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome back to your London home again very soon.
Oshkosh, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

This is a wonderful hotel and I would highly recommend it. The service was wonderful and the staff were very helpful. I would have like dto stay longer and would come back to this hotel again on my next trip to London. The rooms were quiet and very comfortable. The area around the hotel was very nice and was more of a residential area with lots of restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Cindy H
andrea D, Manager at The Kensington, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Thank you! We are delighted to know how much you enjoyed every aspect of our hotel. We hope you will stay longer too on your next visit to your London home.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

As always this place never lets you down!! Location is great. Atmosphere and experience was fabulous. Food was amazing and drinks made by talented Alessandro were very , very delicious! Thank you all for fabulous evening!

• Stayed May 2014
4 Thank Anetev
andrea D, Manager at The Kensington, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write this amazing review. We were delighted to receive such wonderful feedback, I have to admit I have tested a few of Alessandro’s creations myself and they indeed "Fabulous"! We are looking forward to welcoming you back to The Kensington Hotel again soon.
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

Charming, elegant, yet relaxed and friendly. Steps to the South Kensington station, Victoria & Albert Museum, Kensington Place and so much more. Hotel staff courteous, and Martin the hotel Concierge is an absolute pleasure to work with. Rooms are comfortable, large soaker tub with a TV for those that need some relaxation after a busy day of touring London.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

2 Thank Helen K
andrea D, Manager at The Kensington, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
What a lovely review! Thank you so much. Martin is indeed very special, a real ambassador of our team and he was so pleased to read your kind feedback .We are happy you have found us now and look forward to your next visit to you London home.
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

Kensington hotel was fantastic! We really appreciated the interior design and style, making a traditional English feel amazingly comfortable, spacious, and relaxing. The hotel was wonderful, the room super comfortable, the shower strong and hot, the mini fridge was stocked with some great necessities and surprises, it was very, very quiet (and I am a light sleeper) since it faces the queens gate street , the bed was great, plenty of storage and closet space, umbrellas for use, extra phone chargers for use, and many other great additions that I do not have space to list. We only used the place as a couple, and it was wonderful for that, but it would be very comfortable for a third person if that was needed. The location is also superb. The royal borough of Kensington and Chelsea is a great, safe neighbourhood with fantastic places to eat and drink and transportation very close (although we did everything on foot since it is so central...walked to south Kensington Station in less than 10 min), but is also a very short and nice walk to many other great areas (Chelsea village, Harrods, Knightsbridge, Hyde park and green park, Westfield shopping mall, Portobello market , etc.). The Hyde Park was a few blocks away and that was very cool. Staff like Baptiste, George and Olga really did everything they could to make the place great and our stay easy. They were happy to recommend whatever we needed, including shopping places (we loved Harvey Nichols and Harrods...both a 10 min stroll away). Also a block away on old Brompton Street is Bumpkin restaurant/ Cafe (which was amazing! I have stayed in London all over the city, and my family is all from vancouver, and Kensington hotel is a GEM! If I am ever on need of a place in London again, I will definitely stay here. We searched and searched and searched, so save the search time and just book Kensington hotel.

Room Tip: The rooms are really good and the turndown service even better,