“Perfect stay, great service”
Review of The Kensington

The Kensington
Ranked #32 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 8 June 2014

The hotel was nicer than I expected. It was clean and tastefully decorated. Nice thoughtful touches managers and staff made me feel welcomed. Loved the neighborhood. Very quiet and felt safe enough to walk around. Hotel is definitely on my list to stay on my next visit to London

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Rogerrow
andrea D, Manager at The Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Thank you! We are delighted to know how much you enjoyed every aspect of our hotel. We hope it wonrt be long until your next visit to your London home.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

The room is quite lovely. Personally it is my favourite theme for a room. The room was very clean when I arrived, and the checking was easy. It is also in a very good location. Many cafes open late, if that's your sort of thing. Relatively close to the subway. One of the best features of the room is the shower. It was a big, powerful shower head. Over the public area is luxurious and very comfortable.
George is a wonderful staff, the best service I’ve had so far throughout London. Always willing to help out in any way he can, and he is extremely friendly and I definitely recommend him
The one thing I have to mention is about is the room is just slightly too small. Particularly the shower, you have to position yourself in a certain way to get the shower door to close. Can be awkward when you have multiple people in there. But the room is still worth staying in.
Overall a wonderful stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank phil m

Thank you for taking the time to write this amazing review. It is always wonderful to read when our team have exceeded our guest’s expectations. I have shared your comments with George and he and all our team were delighted that they were able to make your stay so memorable. We are looking forward to welcoming you back to The Kensington Hotel again soon.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

we visited at the end of may and spent 5 nights here. It was such a lovely stay! the staff were completely kind and helpful. yes, the room was small, but that is just typical in europe. I loved that they provided umbrellas, especially since it rained 4 of the 5 days we spent exploring london. i would recommend this hotel to anyone and everyone! great location, quiet and safe, but still next to so many restaurants and shops. For burgers, may we suggest byron burger around the corner. we also loved it being close to south kensington station.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tiffany b
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I recently stayed here for two nights for my wedding. I was overwhelmed by the excellent service and attention I received from the hotel during my stay. They went out of their way to ensure that my stay at the hotel was a positive experience and they over delivered on everything. Even though I live in London, I would love to come here again for a staycation!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank carlsberg50
Reviewed 5 June 2014

We found the hotel very much at first sight it seemed small but it was fine. We were warmly welcomed us and everything was well explained. The room was very clean and nice light. The bed and bathroom were fine, the shower only had a massive pour. The hotel looked outside a traditional townhouse and from the inside it was very nice. It was less than a 5 minute walk to south Kensington subway station. From there it was about 25 minutes to Oxford Circus, with change at piccadilly. At the south Kensington subway station were small shops and restaurants (and a Starbucks). There was also a very big shopping. There were tesco and Waitrose supermarkets,the bumpkin was very nice eatery have eaten here expanded, with desserts and drinks and it was really delicious! We can definitely recommend this. We felt very much at home in this hotel and we hope to stay here soon again.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 4 June 2014

it’s a great place to stay both for short and long trip. It is a family friendly hotel plus it has everything you need and it is very comfortable and convenient. The hotel is very secure & without keycards you cannot access the doors
It is situated in a nice neighbourhood with shops all around,Oh, and for those who love clubbing, downstairs in the same neighbourhood, there is one of the hottest clubs called the buji’s club which regularly hosts famous DJs and as well as celebrities.
All in all a great place to stay and if I came back to London I wouldn't want to be staying anywhere else!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 June 2014

The hotel is on one of the best streets in the south Kensington City. Lots of hip shops and sophisticated restaurants just minutes away.
-Quiet location; almost forget you are in a huge city
-Cool view from the windows
-Good Internet connection
-Adequately furnished for our needs
-Good for families with kids
-Nice refrigerator
The service from the staff is brilliant and they exceed your expectation, overall this a hotel /home away from home.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family