“gran place with nice staff”
Review of The Kensington

The Kensington
Ranked #33 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

wonderful location, boutique hotel, bit pricy, very nice staff, tasty breakfast in stylish room around fireplace. I ve been redirected here from Melia White House Hotel because of booking system error and found out this hotel is beautiful but not worth the money for me as they charge 320 GBP per room. However I enjoyed the stay here

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Vondr
andrea D, Manager at The Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a lovely review. We are so please to know how much you enjoyed staying with us. Here at The Kensington Hotel we have a range of different room types, the next time your travelling to London please feel free to contact me directly as I am sure I will be able to find a room category to suite your budget. I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon. Kind Regards, Andrea Doyle.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

We stayed 3 nights at the Kensington, and what a stay we had! Great hotel - elegant and classy hotel which felt like home from the moment we arrived. Warm and cosy atmosphere throughout. The staff are EXCELLENT! Very friendly, warm, genuine, helpful, so service minded. Martyn, George and Elisa deserve a special mention. They made our stay so memorable! I can't fault the hotel one bit, and I've stayed at many hotels! Very comfortable bed and the little extras that came with the turndown service was a very nice touch. Great location near the underground and close to many restaurants and shops. Fantastic breakfast and the afternoon tea was great too. Don't miss the eggs royale for breakfast and the scones are homemade and really delicious! I highly recommend this hotel , and would stay here again on my next trip to London.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank tdstay t

Thank you, thank you, thank you! What an amazing review. Our team are over the moon with your comments and the chef is delighted to know that you found our breakfast to be "fantastic".
I hope that on your next visit to London I will have the opportunity to welcome you personally.
We all look forward to your next visit to The Kensington Hotel. Kind Regards, Andrea Doyle

Reviewed 16 June 2014

I booked a secret hotel deal on Last Minute and was very happy when the hotel name was revealed as the location was perfect for the weekend in London. From the moment of check in I knew this hotel was going to be a delight, the staff were friendly and very professional and check in was a delight. The rooms were great, not the biggest rooms I have had in London but everything you need and were clean and well kept. I did not have breakfast but the bar area was very comfortable and as I meet friends there was perfect as was quite and impressive with the decor. Internet was free as I had booked an executive room and was fast and reliable again not always the norm. I loved staying here and hope to again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

What an amazing review, thank you for taking the time to share your experience of the Kensington Hotel with all of our Trip Advisor friends. It is fantastic to read how much you enjoyed all aspects of our hotel, particularly that you found our location so great and our staff to be so attentive. I hope it wont be long until you come and see us again.
Kind Regards, Andrea Doyle

Reviewed 13 June 2014

Had a wonderful two nights stay at this hotel. Fantastic room. Amazingly comfortable bed. Really high quality toiletries. Turn down service in the evening and nice touch of a chocolate mint on the pillow. Superb service. Great breakfasts. Staff went out of their way to be helpful. All in all a wonderful experience. Would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Room 229!fabtastic
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write this amazing review. We were delighted to receive such wonderful feedback .We hope you will stay longer too on your next visit to your London home.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

Quality hotel in desirable location. The rooms were reasonable size and adequate bathroom with shower. The service was exceptionable. Good location close to underground, Kensington gardens, and museums and a 20 minute walk to Herrod's.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank rkrhld
Reviewed 12 June 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Kensington Hotel for the third leg of our anniversary trip to Europe. The staff were exceptionally friendly. I was well rested every night with no comfort or noise issues. Breakfast was absolutely delicious every day. The afternoon tea service is a must! Great way to relax and recharge after travelling.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
andrea D, Manager at The Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

What an amazing review, thank you for taking the time to share your experience and for choosing The Kensington Hotel for such a special occasion. It is fantastic to read how much you enjoyed your stay. We have shared your comments with our team and they were all very proud and are all looking forward to welcoming you back to your London home.
Kind Regards, Andrea Doyle

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Just spent two nights at this hotel and I must say the staff are super. Special mention to the porter who supplied cold bottles of water following our morning run. Nice touch. Reception staff were also excellent. Internet worked without the usual fuss fo some hotels. Room was clean as you would expect.. Coffee machine, nice bed linen and a comfortable bed. Our room 521 was very small and more like a single room than a double which was disappointing. The neighborhood is great for restaurants, bars and coffee shops. Also very convenient to the tube for District and Piccadilly line so a good spot to stay for getting around. Didn't eat there so can't comment.

Room Tip: Avoid the 5th floor.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for writing such a great review following your recent visit. We are so pleased to have exceeded your expectations. I have passed your comments onto our team who were delighted to look after you during your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.