“Great Service”

Ranked #36 of 1,069 Hotels in London
New York
“Great Service”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

The Kensington Hotel is beautiful. The service is top notch and the location is terrific for getting around London. Plus the Concierge Staff were wonderful at helping us figure out where we needed to go and even finding us tickets for the theatre our last night in town. Also, the buffet breakfast is very good. My only complaint is that the room was really small. Basically it fit the bed and that was all. There wasn't a dresser so I couldn't unpack my clothes. I put my suitcase in the closet below our hanging stuff while my husbands was in the room next to the bed. However, to end on a positive note: the bed was super comfortable and the linens lovely.

Room Tip: Ask for a big room. Ours was very small.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank JeanineNewYork
andrea D, Manager at The Kensington, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a lovely review. We are delighted to know how much you enjoyed staying with us. Vincent and his Concierge team were over the moon with your lovely comments, we are indeed very lucky to have such a great bunch of guys and it makes such a difference to have some local knowledge. Here at The Kensington Hotel we have a range of different room types, the next time your travelling to London please feel free to contact me directly as I am sure I will be able to find a room category to suite your budget. I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon. Kind Regards, Andrea Doyle.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (379)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
High Wycombe, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Unlike other reviewers, I didn't comment to reception on the size of the room we were given and I rather wish we had, as it did spoil what otherwise would have been an outstanding experience. The room was very comfy and well appointed but only just big enough to get between the wardrobe and the bed. Annoyed at myself really for being so British about it. If you're given room 333 I hope that you speak your mind and try your luck at getting moved. The evening bar was lovely, the staff delightful and breakfast was perfect.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ESilvester
andrea D, Manager at The Kensington, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Thank you for your recent review. I was delighted that you enjoyed our stay with us, particularly that you found our team "delightful”. It was disappointing to hear that you were not completely satisfied with your bedroom room .Please feel free to contact me directly the time you are travelling to London as I would personally like to look after your booking for you. Once again many thanks for your kind comments and your recommendation, this means a lot to us and we look forward to welcoming you to The Kensington Hotel again soon. Kind Regards,
Andrea Doyle andrea_doyle@doylecollection.com
Cleburne, Texas
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Absolutely loved the Kensington Hotel, beautiful, charming...the staff were delightful. The room was a bit small, but considering the age of the hotel, I'm sure that was the reason. Comfortable in every way. Close to Kensington station, as well as the Natural History Museum which is free! Tour bus picked us up at our Hotel, just a very lovely hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

andrea D, Manager at The Kensington, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Thank you for writing such a fabulous review and we were delighted to help make your stay in London so enjoyable. It is was great to hear when we not only meet but exceed guest expectations as the comfort and enjoyment of our guests is of utmost importance to us. We hope it wont be long before you come back to see us all again in The Kensington Hotel.
Washington
Reviewed 11 July 2014

I was fortunate to stay at The Kensington Hotel at Knightsbridge. The room was excellent, comfortable, plush....The night turnover chocolate was delicious. The staff was helpful and full of information. The location was excellent for catching the tube, visting the Victoria and Albert Museum and walking to Harrod's.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo

andrea D, Manager at The Kensington, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your wonderful experience at The Kensington. We are so pleased that you have found us now. South Kensington is just a fantastic location, great connections and the best museums and art galleries only 5 minutes walk from the hotel. Thank you also for you kind words about our service and team, we are genuinely very proud of each one of them. Please feel free to contact me the next time you are travelling to London if I can offer any assistance and I look forward to meeting you on your next visit.
Millville
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Chose The Kensington based on location and reviews on TA. Spent a week at the Kensington. Great location, great staff, especially Concierge staff.Front Desk staff, attentive and friendly. Allesandro at the bar is great , Mixologist Par Excellence!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Goatstown
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Amazing two night break for The Libertines gig in Hyde Park. Perfect location within walking distance of a lot of great restaurants & Kensington High Street as well as tube access only a couple of mins away.

Will be back & also looking forward to checking out their Marylebone location.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

This was out second Hotel in London and we loved it. Our first room was too small and they did all they could to accommodate our needs. Within hours our luggage was moved to a room twice the size and I figured I would be paying that as well however, when I got the bill I was pleasantly surprised that it was the same price.
My daughter called it the princess room.
We loved the neighborhood lots of great little restaurants and bars very close by and we walked to Harrods from there twice.
We will def be back

• Stayed July 2014
andrea D, Manager at The Kensington, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Thank you very much for this amazing review and your recommendation. I am so pleased you enjoyed your experience and found our location to be so great for visiting London. I also delighted to know that you will definitely be returning to us and I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you personally. We are looking forward to your next visit to your London home. Kind Regards, Andrea Doyle