“Excellent”
Review of The Kensington

The Kensington
Ranked #30 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I was staying here on business and was blown away by how GENUINELY nice the staff were. Not a "have-a-nice-day-sir" style nice, but a real, friendly and helpful bunch of people. Especially the restaurant staff, made me feel very at home. What with an awesomely comfortable bed, a real coffee machine in the room and great air con, this was one of the most pleasant hotel stays I've ever experienced.

If you're visiting London, don't even think about staying anywhere else.

Room Tip: Rooms are gorgeous and comfortable - but very small. If you need space, ask in advance.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Tom U
Write a ReviewReviews (3,043)

Reviewed 14 July 2014

We loved the Kensington, stylish hotel, fabulous location, easy walking distance to the tube and many attractions of London. Rooms and bathroom not overly large but beautifully appointed with lovely furnishings and amenities. Nespresso machine in room was a lovely touch. We loved this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Kylie2012
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We used this as a base to visit several museums and exhibitions in Kensington and it was a good experience. The staff were friendly and helpful, the food in the restaurant was good and the room was small but comfortable. I wouldn't have called it a 'Superior Room' myself but I don't suppose a hotel is going to describe rooms as "Nice but with an iffy view Room".

2  Thank Pmforster
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Our travel agent arranged for our stay at the Kensington Hotel. (Our paperwork had it as the Doyle Kensington for some reason.) We had an issue with noise from the air conditioner in the room to which we were assigned. After the maintenance man was unable to fix the problem, we were moved to another room. The staff was wonderful in making certain that we were satisfied. The rooms are small but nice. There are great options for breakfast and it is served in a very attractive setting. The location is close to Kensington Palace and Gardens, good restaurants, and the underground train. The concierge was most helpful as well. We loved it!

1  Thank stew6
Reviewed 14 July 2014

If staying here, you will not be disappointed. Stayed in London a couple times now and have got to say this was the best for overall location (lovely area), location of underground (easy to get to most areas from South Kensingston station) and general quality of the hotel. Wouldn't stay anywhere else!

1  Thank John O
Reviewed 13 July 2014

The Kensington Hotel is beautiful. The service is top notch and the location is terrific for getting around London. Plus the Concierge Staff were wonderful at helping us figure out where we needed to go and even finding us tickets for the theatre our last night in town. Also, the buffet breakfast is very good. My only complaint is that the room was really small. Basically it fit the bed and that was all. There wasn't a dresser so I couldn't unpack my clothes. I put my suitcase in the closet below our hanging stuff while my husbands was in the room next to the bed. However, to end on a positive note: the bed was super comfortable and the linens lovely.

Room Tip: Ask for a big room. Ours was very small.
2  Thank JeanineNewYork
andrea D, Manager at The Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a lovely review. We are delighted to know how much you enjoyed staying with us. Vincent and his Concierge team were over the moon with your lovely comments, we are indeed very lucky to have such a great bunch of guys and it makes such a difference to have some local knowledge. Here at The Kensington Hotel we have a range of different room types, the next time your travelling to London please feel free to contact me directly as I am sure I will be able to find a room category to suite your budget. I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon. Kind Regards, Andrea Doyle.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

Unlike other reviewers, I didn't comment to reception on the size of the room we were given and I rather wish we had, as it did spoil what otherwise would have been an outstanding experience. The room was very comfy and well appointed but only just big enough to get between the wardrobe and the bed. Annoyed at myself really for being so British about it. If you're given room 333 I hope that you speak your mind and try your luck at getting moved. The evening bar was lovely, the staff delightful and breakfast was perfect.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ESilvester

Thank you for your recent review. I was delighted that you enjoyed our stay with us, particularly that you found our team "delightful”. It was disappointing to hear that you were not completely satisfied with your bedroom room .Please feel free to contact me directly the time you are travelling to London as I would personally like to look after your booking for you. Once again many thanks for your kind comments and your recommendation, this means a lot to us and we look forward to welcoming you to The Kensington Hotel again soon. Kind Regards,
Andrea Doyle andrea_doyle@doylecollection.com