The Kensington
US$287
US$233
Doubletree
  • Restaurant
Park Grand London Lancaster Gate(London)(Great Value!)
US$185
US$225
Travelocity
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Days Hotel London- Waterloo(London)(Great Value!)
US$130
US$94
Orbitz.com
3,168 results
All reviewsafternoon teaold brompton roadqueens gatebeautiful hotelthe natural history museumvictoria and albert museumturn down servicenespresso machinesuperior roomlounge areathe location is perfecttube stationrooms are smallconciergeharrodstownhouseturndown
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 June 2010

stayed 3 night in standard double room for 176.25 pounds/night

receptionist/concierge
- just the right balance of friendliness and poshness
- helpful and efficient
- check-in and -out was quite a wait

room
- plush carpet with sufficient black out curtain
- daily weather notification
- free wifi and internet
- flat screen tv
- turn down service with 2 little delish chocolate every night
- good bed and fluffy pillows
- sheets were of good quality as well
- small space for 2. we were only able to leave one suitcase open
- sensor fridge!

bathroom
- temple spa toiletries
- good shower pressure with proper glass-partitioned area
- very little space for own knick-knacks

area
- 10 minutes walk to south kensington station
- 5 mins to convenience store, bakery, cafes and shops in the next block
- nearest grastro pub is Queen's arms (packed!)

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank loulou_in_uk
Reviewed 16 June 2010

This is the second time I use this hotel.

The first time, I travelled with my wife and kids and hence I splurged for the upgrade. The room was spectacular. The staff is great.

The second time, I was alone so I figured I would go back to this hotel. I was hoping to rewarded for my loyalty, instead I was given a tiny tiny tiny room. It was so small that I had to leave the room to change my mind. It was quiet claustrophobic.

I believe that this hotel is great if you upgrade to a superior room however the standard rooms are not worth the money you pay. There are better deals in the city.

Alamir

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank TheMoMan
Reviewed 13 June 2010

We recently stayed at the Kensington Hotel and were really impressed with the service and location. On arrival we were given a room that was next to the extract flue at the back of the hotel and it was very noisy. We rang reception and they immediately transferred us to a much better room at the front of the hotel. The staff were attentive but not overbearing. We ordered room service breakfast which was excellent. All in all I would say that it is very good value for a London hotel, in a great location, just a 5 minute walk from the nearest tube station and in a very nice road just next to the Natural History Museum.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 May 2010

On my latest monthly weekend away with the girls, we stayed at this lovely Hotel. I have decided to start writing reviews on all the great propertys we stay in as the UK does have some truely great finds!!! The hotel was clean and fresh, location fantastic, service also great. Thoroughly enjoyed my stay!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 May 2010

I enjoyed my stay at The Kensington.

The hotel staff is terrific -- extremely accomodating, helpful and pleasant. I can't say enough good things about the staff!

I particularly liked the public front parlors/lounge area -- a comfortable place to sit and work or relax.

There are two computers and a printer in an alcove off the lobby, next to the elevators, for guests to use. Very convenient and useful.

Since the hotel is a combination of the three residences, the rooms can vary in size and shape. I had a very nice, spacious room. I did see two rooms, however, on the relatively small side.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business