“lovely”

Oscar Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #2,706 of 22,564 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: European, British
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Brunch, Breakfast, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Fitzrovia
Description: Vibrant, buzzy Oscar is an upbeat bar and restaurant with a chic Fitzrovia clientele and a modern British menu. Set in the charming Charlotte Street Hotel, this lively space is vivaciously decorated with colourful striped chairs and a dynamic mural of contemporary London by Alexander Hollweg. Inventive, vigorous dishes such as loin of venison with onion squash, chestnuts and blackberries and lemon sole with caper butter issue forth from the open kitchen.
“lovely”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

My husband and I went as part of my Birthday treat, Its a lively restaurant with bags of character.

Food was really yummy and service was great the waiters were very attentive and looked after us well.

I would return again.

• Visited March 2014

“Big let down”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

We booked early dinner here as part of the cinema package on Sunday evening and were really looking forward to it as the hotel has great reviews and so naturally expected good things from the restaurant. We were presented a set menu with 3 choices per course which was fair enough although wasn't aware of that when I made the booking...anyhow we both chose different starters and mains so can say we sampled a cross section of dishes.. All of them were bland, over chilled (even the oat biscuits with my cheese were very cold not to mention soft!), my salmon main was swimming in butter and water (not a nice combination) and overall everything and I mean everything lacked seasoning. My husbands beef was flavourless and again swimming in the same butter/water combo I had, albeit not so much. We did complain and were offered a glass of champagne, hopefully the guests on the table next to us were saved the butter with salmon delight as they heard me complain at which point asked the chef not to put butter on theirs. All in all we were so disappointed, the evening promised much with a nice film afterwards but it was not to be...we couldn't even be bothered to wait for the film as it meant hanging around for another hour and after the bad food we just weren't in the mood. We were told to allow 2 hours before the film for dinner but the rate they brought out the courses we were done in 40 mins. Overall not a pleasant experience and won't be repeated.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank El172014
“Champagne time!”
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Lovely bar with a fantastic wine list and delightful nibbles. We totally overstayed our welcome simply because we got looked after like superstars, the champagne was flowing and the atmosphere cosy.

We had some of their afternoon tea sandwiches, and absolutely nothing was too much trouble.

Great Missenden, United Kingdom
“Such a beautiful hotel”
Reviewed 21 March 2014

We met for brunch. Loved it and can't wait to go back! The service was very good and we could hear one another well. There was a wedding party a few tables away, ladies meeting for lunch, hotel guests and others having a business meeting, like us. I'd like to try for afternoon tea, next!

“Service was superb!”
Reviewed 21 March 2014

all of the servers went above and beyond to make sure you were happy, the continental breakfast was so delicious (the honey was my husbands favorite thing each morning), coffee was wonderful (he loved the cappuccino, me…the latte) and dinner was a treat. Room service was also fabulous. Thank you Oscar for making our first trip to london even more enjoyable

Visited March 2014