“DO NOT STAY HERE”
Review of A To Z Hotel

A To Z Hotel
Ranked #979 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed 17 May 2013

OMG - this place is awful, stayed here for 1 day...not night. The room was tiny, the toilet was tiny and horible too. Please this place needs to be closed down for good - is a health hazard. please people do not stay here, unless you think it is better to than sleeping rough. I would rather sleep on the streets than here.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank ubhari
There are newer reviews for A To Z Hotel

Reviewed 13 May 2013

Horrible hotel. The only positive moment is the bed that is good. We took a room with bathroom, so we expected to have a shower. Well, there was a shower, but without water (I can't call 1L/min a water flow). The room was cleaned every day, but not very responsibly. Breakfast ok, the coffee is terrible. Situation: 15 min of fast walk from the tube station "Acton Town" (zone 3) which is about 30-40min by tube from the center (directly). There is a station nearer but you should change the lines somewhere. If you are going for 5 days or so it is better to take an abonnement. During 5 days making just round trips to the center and back on tube we spent 30 pounds while the abonnement will cost 35 pounds.
You may say that I've got what I've paid for. Maybe, but next time I'd better spend some more for a normal hotel but less for transport. In Paris for example for exactly the same amount of money you get a comfortable hotel 2min from metro with normal shower etc.

Room Tip: Don't choose this hotel, so no advice for the choice of chamber
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Andrii-Zaitsev
Reviewed 1 January 2013

This so called hotel is above and ajoined to an indian take away.
The breakfats area is a corner of the restaurant serving tea and toast.
The area is scary and un-nerving, please do not go here!!
Staff confused, not really with it,It is run down and generally vile...

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank Kylie650
Reviewed 27 December 2012

I needed somewhere quick & cheap to stay due to work. All the comments about the showers being tiny are spot on, and it was a bit grubby due to wear n tear from muddy boots etc. and the nets could do with a one way trip to the bin but for me it was warm, the tiny shower was red hot every time & the noise from the main road didn't bother me at all. I always pack a pair of shower shoes (recommended) and could have done with a kettle in the room!
I would be more inclined to call it a workmans b&b than a hotel and people looking for a cheap hotel for the city will be very disappointed but it suited me at the time and I would stay there again if I needed to.
As the title says...

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Iainsnook
Reviewed 6 August 2012

Where to begin? When a room has a bathroom ensuite, I expect a bathroom. Well, there was one: A toilet, sink and shower crammed in a tiny 1x1 meters space. Imagine showering in an airplane cabin. Or more accurate, imagine airplanes crammed a shower in their tiny toilet cabins. You get the picture.
And the double bed wasn't really big, but worse, the mattress was so old and broken. I'm a healthy twenty something and thx to lots of sports have a pretty healthy back. But boy, did that back of mine hurt. Like a lot.

• Stayed: August 2012
4  Thank ac24ac1002
Reviewed 4 August 2012

Despite being reasonably cheap I do expect curtains to be on the windows. The two nights I stayed, in 2 different rooms both had no curtains to block the light. There was net curtain but hadn't seen a washer for a few years (very grey looking colour). The bed was comfortable and the linen clean.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Oggy1962
Reviewed 23 July 2012

I have travelled internationally several times, and like many independant, budget-minded travelers I will gladly sleep in "questionable" hostels, hotels, and guesthouses. Over time, I have found my tolerance for imperfection to be much higher than most. However, A to Z Hotel was by far the worst place I have EVER stayed in. My husband and I booked one night at A to Z Hotel online, and when we arrived around 11:00pm, the front door was locked and we had to pound on the glass door to wake up the sleeping person in the lobby area. After letting us in, he called upstairs for another man to check us in. When he finally came downstairs, I got the distinct impression this person had also been asleep. The room was disgusting: the carpet and bed linens smelled musty and dirty, the bathroom was moldy, and the windows were broken. We only stayed the night because it was already so late, and we had no internet access to locate an alternative. Also, the walk back to the metro station (and potential wifi hotspot) would have taken another 30 minutes. Please do not stay in this hotel!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple