Is this hotel some kind of joke?! Believe all the terrible reviews and don't stay here! It's a dump, an utter hole and not worth a cent a night!!
Where shall I start...........
- the website for this hotel states "newly refurbished" .... I can absolutely guarantee this place has NEVER been refurbished and is literally falling apart!
- my room was SO small that the desk and wardrobe literally block 3/4 of the grotty bed so you have to squeeze through the gap between them to get into bed!
- there was not enough room to actually lie my suitcase down to get clothes out, the suitcase had to stand up the whole time making it very difficult to get anything out and then I had to climb over it to get between the bed and the door! Even then the door still hit my suitcase and I had to squeeze through the gap to get out! And please note, I'm tiny and found the space a struggle!!
- the bed is right up against the heater so you cant turn it on at a risk of setting the whole building on fire (not sure if that's a bad thing though)!!
- my quilt was covered in stains and was so old it was falling to pieces.
- the walls and carpet were filthy dirty, covered in stains, marks, cracks and peeling paint!
- the "fan" is a portable fan mounted to the wall, not a ceiling fan! It is also so full of dust that when turning it on causes the room to fill with dust and grime
- the shower and drains are covered in mould and haven't been cleaned in years! The shower curtain is also mouldy and I would advise to wear thongs in the shower! If you dare stay that is!!
- i found black hair throughout the bathroom and my sheets! I'm blonde so clearly this had not been removed from the previous person who stayed!
- found spiders in my room, which I killed, however there remains stayed on the carpet as the cleaners failed to vacuum at all!
- the bathroom is SO small that my knees were in the shower whilst on the toilet!
- the bathroom exhaust fan was so noisy it was hardly bearable. However as the light above the mirror didn't work, I had to have the exhaust fan on whenever using the mirror as its attached to the main light!
- the walls are paper thin, you'll be able to hear the people in the next room crying at the terrible state of the hotel!
- breakfast is 2 pieces of plain toast and a home-brand cup of tea or coffee, despite a sign advising of juice and other goodies! And to top it off it's served in the greasy takeaway restaurant next door!?
- the reception is dirty! The stairs are sagging and carpet is filthy!
- cleaners walk in without knocking! Always fun when you're standing there in your underwear! Privacy, who pays for that?!?
- the closest train station is the national railway and if you want to get to the metro you either need to take the national railway back to Earling Broadway or take a hike to the metro station, which isn't close by! I didn't investigate buses so there may be a quicker alternative if you look into it.
- neighbourhood is awful! If you're a girl on your own, be very careful!
My list could go on and on... However I think I have made my point!
Photos have been included in this review so you can see the state of the hotel!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Priceline and HotelsClick so you can book your A To Z Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.