“Disappointing” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #11,681 of 22,199 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$15 - US$35
Cuisines: European, British
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Marylebone
Description: Right on Oxford Street, its located opposite Bond Street station - you couldn't be in a better position. Bond Street, Oxford Circus, Tottenham Court Road and Marble Arch are all walking distance, or you also have quick access to Westfield London to the west or Westfield Stratford to the east - both on the Central Line and just a few stops away. We look forward to welcoming you.
London, United Kingdom
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2014

Disappointing all round. Three small round tables pushed together for seven of us. Uncomfortable to sit at. Slow, poor service. Small portions. All the men were still hungry after their main course. Cheese and onion turnovers meal was cold. Would definitely not recommend. Will not be returning.

• Visited January 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
AscotsRestaurant, Food & beverage Team Leader at Berkshire Lounge, responded to this review, 3 February 2014
Dear Guest,

I would firstly like to thank you very much for taking your time to bring your dissatisfaction in regards to your recent visit to our Scoff & Banter Oxford Street. We are taking our guest feedback very seriously as without constructive criticism we are unable to constantly monitor and improve our levels of guest satisfaction and attention to detail.

I was very disappointed and concerned to read the comments and may I kindly ask you to contact me directly at your earliest convenience to discuss the issues further you faced during your stay. We would certainly like to make things right for you and We hope to see you again at our Scoff & Banter Oxford Street.

Best Regards

Berkshire Hotel / Scoff & Banter
350 Oxford Street, London, W1C 1BY
Tel: (020) 7629 7474
Fax: (020) 7629 8156
Email: Christml@radisson.com

Frankfurt, Germany
“Not one of the best meals ever but outstanding none-the-less!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2014

I was visiting London on business and upon checking into the hotel decided to come back down for dinner. Good choice. The staff was extremely friendly and I couldn´t have asked for a better meal at the end of a very long day. Very satisfied and I would recommend, even if you´re not visiting the hotel which is also very nice (though the rooms are small), visit the restaurant. You won´t regret it. Limited seating.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
AscotsRestaurant, Food & Beverage Team Leader at Berkshire Lounge, responded to this review, 18 January 2014
Dear Guest,

We are delighted that you enjoyed your experience at our Scoff & Banter Oxford street.
We have recently introduced our new A La Carte Menu so do come visit us soon to taste this!!

I will pass on the feedback to all of the colleagues and I wish you a wonderful new year.

Berkshire Hotel / Scoff & Banter
350 Oxford Street, London, W1C 1BY
Tel: (020) 7629 7474
Email: Christml@radisson.com
Southwest
“a little bit of heaven amongst the madness of Oxford Street”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2014

We found this by accident and thought it looked much too swish for us...but I put my head around the door and asked if they just did coffee to be welcomed by the lovely Ali. The best cup of tea ever. My girls had a beautifully presented lunch, hot chocolate to die for and a lovely french/spanish waitress who chatted about the sales on Boxing Day. Lovely bathroom and gosh wish I could I could afford to stay in the hotel attached. A very positive and lovely experience , enhanced by great staff....Ali couldnt do enough to make our lunch great...thank you all.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
AscotsRestaurant, Food & Beverage Team Leader at Berkshire Lounge, responded to this review, 3 January 2014
Dear Guest,

We are delighted that you had a wonderful experience at our restaurant in Oxford Street, We take pride in making sure all of our guests leave with a memorable experience like you and your children! I will pass on the feedback to my colleagues and ensure they sustain their 100% guest satisfaction.
We are looking forward to an excellent year of great hot chocolate and we do hope to see you again soon!

Scoff & Banter Oxford Street

christml@radisson.com
London, United Kingdom
“Poor food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2013

We went for a company Christmas lunch, and the food was just very poor quality. The food was not warm enough and was poorly prepared.

• Visited December 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
AscotsRestaurant, Food & Beverage Team Leader at Berkshire Lounge, responded to this review, 18 December 2013
Dear 123Ronnie2013,

I am very sorry to hear about your recent visit to Scoff&Banter Oxford Street. We aim to make sure that all of our guests are 100% satisfied and that the food is to the highest standards. I have passed on this feedback to ensure that this will not happen again.
I personally hope to see you again and guarantee you will have an enjoyable experience with great tasty food.

Have a wonderful Christmas!

Food & Beverage team Leader
Scoff & Banter Oxford Street
kemerton
“A disappointing afternoon tea that did not deliver on what was booked - do not go!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2013

We booked our Xmas afternoon tea, arrived at the hotel & were seated. There was no menu of teas or coffees available and no details about the afternoon tea itself. After a few minutes we were presented with the 3 tier stack of afternoon tea. The whole thing was not what we had booked. We advised our waiter of this and it was sent back to the kitchen. The correct Tea was brought out but the turkey sandwich was stale (apparently the bread was toasted - it was not) there were no mince pies & the food was of poor quality (eg dried out cake). The staff were unapologetic & didn't acknowledge our anger or disappointment. It was supposed to be a treat for a special occasion but ended up being a total waste of time and money. Such a shame.

• Visited November 2013