“Lovely staff, pleasant food”
Review of HIX Mayfair - CLOSED

HIX Mayfair
Price range: US$28 - US$111
Cuisines: European, British
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Mayfair
Description: The best of contemporary British food meets the best of contemporary British art. Set in the heart of Mayfair, the menu at Brown’s is all about big British flavours handled deftly and with sophistication.
Reviewed 2 June 2014

My husband & I visted HIX Mayfair on Saturday night for dinner. The staff were very professional & friendly. We requested a move to a different table & this was dealt with immediately with no fuss. The food was nice - starters very good. I agree with a previous review regarding the fillet steak on the bone - good but have had better for less cost.
We also ate breakfast in the restaurant on Sunday morning & the attentive and considerate staff were lovely.

StuartJohnsonLondon, General Manager at HIX Mayfair, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Thank you for your commendtion of HIX following your recent visit. I am pleased to learn that you enjoyed both the food and friendly and attentive service at both dinner and breakfast. We shall look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We went for Sunday lunch on 25th May for our wedding anniversary, first we visited the bar, Donovan's and enjoyed a bottle of champagne and some lovely nibbles. Then we went to our table at Hix all relaxed and the staff couldn't have been more attentive and helpful. We had some delicious food which was presented beautifully. The food was all delicious and we would definitely recommend to our friends and for future visits for us. Can't wait to go again, the attention to detail and service was superb, just as I like it, they were there when you needed them and disappeared when you didn't, taking care of their clients. The restaurant is nicely furnished and we loved the booth we were shown to, again care being taken to ensure we were happy with our table. I have attached lots of pics too. Only negative if there is one, the champagne and wines were very pricey but hey we were in Mayfair so what should we have expected. It was a wedding anniversary I will always remember. Champagne starting at £78 and red wine starting at £53 a bottle. But you only live once.

StuartJohnsonLondon, General Manager at HIX Mayfair, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Brown's is a place where people come to celebrate the special occasions in heir lives and I am pleased to know that your wedding anniversary lunch was such a success from the first sip of champagne through each mouthful of delicious food, and the service exactly to your liking. Thank you for your glowing review. I do hope we shall have the pleasure of welcoming you back for many future celebrations.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

I have used some of the private dining rooms at this hotel before but today was my first visit to the restaurant. The dining room occupies a lovely space, high ceilings and plenty of light and space makes for a very enjoyable atmosphere.
Lovely seasonal menu with plenty of good UK produce, service was attentive but not over the top. Most delicious lunch of pan fried sweetbreads followed by some lovely cod.
Looking forward to my next visit.

StuartJohnsonLondon, General Manager at HIX Mayfair, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Thank you for your very favourable review of Hix Mayfair and its focus on seasonal dishes and first class local produce. I am pleased to know you had such an enjoyable lunch and that you will be back for a future visit.

Reviewed 17 May 2014

We had steak when we came and it was very nice, although have had better for a lot less money, Service was great and the sides where good. The starts where superb.
After our meal we went downstairs for some cocktails and these where really good.
I would come back again.

Thank you for your review of both the restaurant and our excellent bar. I am pleased you enjoyed good food and good service and we shall look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

I've been to Hix's original Dorset coastal retail and and tonight as my first visit to any of his London restaurants - and I wasn't disappointed. Tasty British meats and fish served in beautiful classy surroundings of Browns Hotel - with exemplary service. 2 courses each and 2 bottles of wine for a total of £160 - not cheap, but well worthwhile.

Noticing that you are a top contributor with many restaurant reviews, we particularly value your praise of Hix Mayfair and its excellent, tasty food and faultless service. Thank you for your comments and we shall look forward to welcoming you back in the future.