“Smart restaurant ,excellent staff , food a little disappointing in some areas”
Review of Apsleys - CLOSED

Apsleys
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Belgravia
Description: Opened in September 2009, Apsleys, a Heinz Beck Restaurant is the first restaurant outside Italy created by internationally renowned chef, Heinz Beck, holder of three Michelin stars at La Pergola in Rome. Heinz Beck soon earned the restaurant its own Michelin Star, when in February 2010 it became the fastest London establishment to be bestowed with the award and maintained this award onwards. Apsleys? stunning Venetian-style dining room, with its glass roof and plush upholstery, is one of the most beautiful spaces for dining in London, an elegant setting for any occasion. Overseen by Beck and run by Executive Chef Heros De Agostinis, who used to work with Heinz Beck in Rome. Beck has created a menu that focuses on lighter Mediterranean-inspired dishes and is concerned with keeping dishes healthy and as approachable as they are exciting. Signature dishes include the magnificent Carbonara Fagotelli of melt-in-the-mouth pasta parcels. At lunchtime, Apsleys' 'Menu del Giorno' is a popular choice, while Beck's seven course tasting menu is ideal for celebratory dinners. The wine list has enormous depth and includes some of the rarest vintages in the world. Apsleys, a Heinz Beck Restaurant is located on the ground floor of The Lanesborough in the heart of Knightsbridge, the restaurant has two semi-private dining rooms available for larger parties.
Reviewed 5 May 2012

We chose Apsleys restaurant on the recommendation of friends who had ,the best lunch ever , here ,so I suppose we had huge expectation for the evening 5 course tasting menu . Firstly the restaurant itself and staff were faultless, however we felt that some courses just failed with the wow factor , particularly the duck main which was a little tougher than I would have liked, it was however a lovely dining experience and I would definately return

LanesboroughTeam, Manager at Apsleys, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review regarding Apsleys. I am pleased to know that you had a lovely experience and plan on returning, we do take your comments about some of our dishes seriously and shall deliver this review to our Chef for future reference. Hoping your next visit will wow you all through the night.

F&B Director

There are newer reviews for Apsleys

Reviewed 4 May 2012

we had a 3 course meal there. meal was ok. not impressive.. the highlight is the environment and the service.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us, I am sorry to know that the food was not impressive but also delighted that you have enjoyed the atmosphere of Apsleys. We sincerely care about hearing our guests feedback on food, service and atmosphere in general as it will help us in developing and progressing. I hope your next visit will be soon and will be more enjoyable.

Reviewed 3 May 2012

Arrived early so had a few drinks at the bar, what a delightful place. My G&T was done to perfection. The dinner itself was great, I was astonished by the atmosphere, lovely decor and great ambience to the place allowed for great conversation. The staff were very nice and helpful. The chefs little treat before the starter and dessert was a nice touch, and added to the great culinary experience. This place is a breathe of fresh air in london. On arriving we were made welcome and on departure the cloak room lady was so nice and friendly, these little touches made this a dinner to remember. Thanks.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your lovely review regarding your recent experience at Apsleys. I am very delighted to know that we have taken part in making your dinner a memorable one, I surely look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 29 April 2012

Wow this was an amazing and well worthy it dinning experience. The food was exceptional and the service was outstanding. We took my parents and they really loved the experience and enjoyed the set course menu. I wanted to go back but we were only concerned that at the end of the meal after the bill was settled and we were on our way out we were asked to wait as if there was a problem, this really spoilt to mood and ruined part of the experience leaving a bitter taste in my mouth.

1  Thank Toni_London123
LanesboroughTeam, Manager at Apsleys, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. One part of me is very glad that you and your parents have enjoyed your dining experience with us, and another is saddened to know that at the end your mood was partly ruined. I hope you did not lose trust in our service and sincerely wish you would come back soon.
Director of Food & Beverage
+44(0)20 7259 5599

Reviewed 22 April 2012

Very nice atmosphere; perfect service; I suggest the fantastic "crudo di pesce" (fish tartare), composed of ten small dishes each with a different fish. for dessert "the milk ... " , another ten small dishes with different ways to prepare icecreams or creams with milk. Less than 100 pounds for person including wine (average), other beverages, VAT and service. Watcha for the wines: some have very remarkable prices (not justified).

LanesboroughTeam, Manager at Apsleys, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your comments, I am very pleased you have enjoyed your dining experience with us at Apsleys, and look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Food & Beverage Director