“Delighted by the food and service”

The Exhibition Rooms
Reserve with OpenTable
The Exhibition Rooms is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14,411 of 23,392 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$33 - US$59
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 8 May 2013

My husband and I were taking a wander around the area to find somewhere to eat and we were drawn in by their early bird special - 2 courses for £12 or 3 courses for £15.

I ordered the soup of the day which was cream of mushroom with truffle oil I can honestly say it was the best mushroom soup I have every tasted and the oil just added to the experience. My husband ordered the sardines which were accompanied by toast and a gorgeous light beetroot jelly. We both ordered the burger which was great. My only gripe was I asked for it to be cooked medium rare and I would have liked for it to be a little pinker. My husband helped to polish off my burger so that I had room for dessert which was a fabulous white chocolate and raspberry cheesecake - it was creamy and light.

The waitress was really nice and seemed to genuinely want to know that we were enjoying the meal. All the courses were great but I can't get that wonderful soup out of my mind. The restaurant itself is on street level and I really liked the way the furniture was laid out with a variety of different types of chairs, wooden floors and proper linen napkins. I didn’t get a chance to explore the downstairs bar but I’ll definitely be back to check it out.

1  Thank LondonIrishlass

Reviewed 6 May 2013 via mobile

We had a roast beef lunch here - the service was excellent and the food was very good. We usually eat here if we are in Crystal Palace as both food and service are consistently good. I would recommend the Exhibition Rooms to anybody!

1  Thank Tryppy
Reviewed 16 April 2013

I've been a few times for Sunday lunch and the food has always been excellent. Haven't tried the cocktail bar downstairs but the restaurant has a great atmosphere and the service is also good. it's one of my favourites in the area.

2  Thank AliLondonB
Reviewed 8 April 2013

It seems to be illegal to open any business at Crystal Palace that is not a restaurant - but this is one of the better of the myriad on the top of the hill. The food is bisro/modern British and cooked to a good standard with some dishes quite excellent. Whe we went, duck with rosti and savoy cabbage was beautifully done, the starter of ox cheek unctuous and beefy. Steak with bernaise was good and cooked exactly to order. Burger very good with a decent portion of salad etc.

Service can be a little hit and miss when the place is busy but never sloppy. Sunday lunch here is a real delight.

1  Thank chrisj_chandler
Reviewed 6 April 2013

We first visited the Exhibition Rooms for a birthday, almost two years ago, and we had a sublime time. The service was excellent, the food fresh and well prepared and the place has the perfect, relaxed ambience. We stayed to the end when the staff let their hair down and had some fun with their clients with the music cranked up.

Since then we have tried the other restaurants in Crystal Palace and were not as impressed. The restaurants in the same price bracket are not a touch on the ER.

We decided to give ER another go for an early dinner with some trepidation that the visit would fall short of our first impressions. Happy to report that it once again come up trumps.

Its not cheap, but its not town prices and the whole experience is definitely worth and is indeed greater than the price.

2  Thank SammiPJ