“Huge disappointment”

Cuisines: Polish
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Hammersmith / Fulham
Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone who hasn't tried polish food before as it would definately put them off from trying again. We've got a 50% off deal on Amazon Local and decided to give it a try, however, it was a huge disappointment from the very beginning. When I got my wine only 1/3 of the glass was filled. It was then pretty obvious that they will try to get theirs back whenever there's room for cut backs... Food quality was average, but far from genuine polish cuisine. I think the place aspire to be polish fine dinning restaurant, however, they're not even close. Taking into consideration food quality it is extremely overpriced - even with the deal we had! The only nice thing I can say about the food is the fact that it was presented quite nicely. Service was ok as well, but at the end of our visit a 10% service charge was added to our bill - I must mention that it was 10% from normal food price and we had 50% off voucher - nice touch... Also for some reason the bill wasn't printed off from the till, it was handwritten. And to make the experience even worse toilets were dirty and smelly. To sum up, AVOID. There's so many more decent polish restaurants in London that there's no point having horrible experience at Tatra.

2  Thank Ania Z

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Visited a couple of times now and each time the food has been amazing. Both times we have been served by a very enthusiastic and polite waitress! The only down side is that on both occasions it was not very busy, it is very surprising as the food and service is great! Highly recommend the home infused vodka, we tried most of them and the Horseradish one was one of my favorites! We will definitely be going again soon!

1  Thank CamHath
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We visited the Tatra restaurant
As a family of Three. The food was of very poor quality .
Burned potatoe pancakes / salmon cold straight from the packet
Burned Creme brûlée /
Tiny portions ( smallest slice of cheese cake we've ever seen)
To top it all we got charged over £100 for the 3 meals and 3 deserts. Avoid this restaurant is my advice !
The restaurant was clean and the waiter was polite .

3  Thank Ksmurphy
Reviewed 20 July 2014

This is the second time I have been to Tatra and it was excellent on both occasions. Great food, good service = an excellent evening. I'll defiantly go again.

1  Thank Douglas B
Reviewed 19 July 2014

I dropped in here before a concert and started with some Polish dumplings (pierogi) that tasted fine, with well flavoured mushrooms. My main was Zbójnicki, a stew in a potato pancake. This was really enjoyable and I would happily order it if I visit here again.

My one gripe is that of the standard London dodge: adding 12% onto the bill as a service charge. While I can accept this in a large hotel, I do not see that it is appropriate for a small, family-run restaurant. Prices should be appropriate to accommodate all overheads, including staff wages. There's no need for a compulsory service charge.