“cheat on description”
Review of Sanctum Soho Hotel

Sanctum Soho Hotel
Ranked #540 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 24 November 2011

I booked a deluxe room but I had a stardard one which had no desk, no sitting area, no bath spa and above all was very small and very noisy and was clearly not the room described in internet. Also i had no excuses but I had to fight and wait and fight and wait before getting a very cheap discount as i had paid for the deluxe. But above all the worst was that instead of changing into the room i had booked and paid for, or instead of excusing themselves, they made me felt like the bad bothering customer. I had to wait 30 minutes, while my taxi was waiting too, in order to have 30 pounds of discount ! Never again. The location is good but there are many hotels in the surroundings where the service is a lot better.
I was also charged 5 pounds for a glass of tab water.

Room Tip: choose another hotel !
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank unhappycustomer802

Reviewed 23 October 2011

A hotel for the wannabe X factor generation. Rooms are small - we had a junior suite which whilst decorated great was way too small to be classed a suite. The locationus good but there are cheaper and IMO better hotels close to it (the courthouse at the top of carnaby st for example) that said if you fancy the rock star life give it a try

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank Ianleitch
Reviewed 6 October 2011

very disappointed after my two days stay in this hotel....started with internet trouble on the roof lounge...no waiter there to order something....then the smallest room I've ever been...not even a chair or some place to put the luggage...the bathroom was the shower, which means after every shower the whole bathroom floor was wet, even the toilet and sink....again no internet in the room....slowest elevator in the world...
The best was as I coplained about my small room I was told that this is a special room for people who just stay for one night and are just going out for fun.....I was there 2 nights and my business travel agency booked this room!!!!!!! Then I was told by someone that next time I will get an upgrade for free, but this person was not there anymore as I checked out...so no comment to this hotel anymore!!!!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Gourmy74
Reviewed 30 September 2011

Metallica’s Kirk Hammett once remarked that he wrote the classic ‘Enter Sandman’ riff at 3a.m. thrashing at his guitar in his hotel room. No doubt many a budding rock star would love to experience such a raucous antic. Well, at Sanctum Soho, you can. In fact, you don’t even need to have your own guitar – you can hire one from reception. Professing to be ‘London’s first rock ‘n’ roll boutique hotel’, this hideaway for rock stars comprises of just 30 rooms and is situated in London’s convivial and fashionable West End. And, as seen on the BBC documentary Rock ‘n’ Roll Hotel, the open-plan Junior Suites have been road tested by Iron Maiden’s drummer, Nicko McBrain.
www.facebook.com/RocknRollHotels

Stayed: December 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank RocknRollHotels
Reviewed 25 September 2011

We arrived a bit early and not expecting our room to be ready. Surprise surprise, it was good news, so we could dump our bags off and get down to some retail therapy. The receptionist was very friendly (Italian I think), but the Scotsman in a hat and waistcoat was a very good character, showing us every detail about the room and a tour of the prized asset...... The Rooftop bar! We only had booked one night so didn't get a chance to use it or the Sauna, which if your lucky enough, may get in with some Celebs. The room was very nice with great bed and shower. The room was a little small but this is pretty expensive real estate in prime position off Regents Street, so you sort of have to expect it. We went to the Theatre on the Friday night, but all in all, our stay at the Sanctum was a nice experience and i would definitely go back. At £240 a night, you would expect it to be pretty good wouldn't you!

Room Tip: Great Location for Central London!
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 September 2011

Fantastic location just of off Londons Regent Street, great for shopping, eating and the theartre. Small and discreet, indivually styled rooms plus a fantastic roof terrace!
And my wife says the best breakfast she has had at any hotel!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 September 2011

What an experience,our suite was heavenly the bed to die for amazing ,amazing staff,our doorman Dom,was an absolute star.Nothing was to much trouble.We were in town to see The Family Stone show at Ronnie Scotts .A great location for this. We had an amazing time at this hotel our only wish is that we could have stayed longer.A big thank you to Steve,and all the staff your doing an amazing job.

Room Tip: superior double or suite a must
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends