“Visited once a few months ago and already on my third visit and counting..”
Review of Sanctum Soho Hotel

Sanctum Soho Hotel
Ranked #507 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Reviewed 5 November 2012

As a business traveller i visit London at least three to four times a year and have grown tired of the usual hotel locations. In the past i did some research and found this little gem of a hotel and over the time i have established contact with an extremely capable and helpfull manager, Paul, who has alwasy been extremely courteous and pleasant to deal wtih. The hotel is located in the best area for both leisure and work, great bars and restaurants nearby, amazing decor and design and the rooms...individual, beautifully decorated and fun. As a matter of fact i work for hotels and i can for sure tell you that you will not regret staying here. Thank you to the Sanctum team for yet another great stay last week and for the more to come ahead.

Room Tip: As some noise may be audible from the street below if you are really sensitive go for a room facing...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Sanctum2011, Manager at Sanctum Soho Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2012

Thank you very much for your feedback. We look forward to seeing you back soon to the Sanctum.

Reviewed 3 November 2012

Great location, close to the best restaurants and shops...
We really loved the place, the staff were very welcoming and helpfull, the room was very nice, clean and confortable, very romantic. Will come back and recomend it.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Sanctum2011, Manager at Sanctum Soho Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2012

Thank you very much for your feedback!
We look forward welcoming you very soon.

Reviewed 1 November 2012

We've stayed in the Soho Sanctum a few times and we just LOVE it!
The rooms are really funky and have everything you need for after hours messy fun, including a wii console and ipod docking station!
The real draw here is the 24hr roof top terrace bar, complete with hot tub and some very interesting revellers.
What we most like about this hotel is that pretty much anything goes, If you're looking for quiet and solitude, don't even bother, the Premier Inn is that way...
Martin on the front desk is an absolute legend and know's what's on and where, that is of course, if you actually manage to make it out of the hotel!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 October 2012

Rooms are tiny, no table, to chairs to sit on, no wardrobe. Bathroom/Wetroom - When you have a shower the whole bathroom gets soaked. Bed Sheets were Dirty, not just marked but black marks on them. The TV was mounted on the wall to the right of the bed so you could not watch it. Generally very poor value for money and not a hotel for business travellers or for more than 1 night vacation stay. Not even room to store 1 large case. Food menu is average pub fare and over priced at that. £19 for a burger. Staff seemed not to care when I complained about poor cleaning, simply saying "sorry for that".

Room Tip: Avoid room 108 as you hear lots of street noise.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business

Dear Mark,
I am terribly sorry to hear that you had a bad experience in our Hotel. The room where you stayed is a crash pad and is advertised as you described it. We are extremely surprised to hear that the sheets where dirty as our housekeeping service is incredible. I will speak to our housekeeping manager and see what happened. I will also speak to our chef about your dinner. It would help me if you could contact us by e-mail in order to see when and in which room number you stayed. I hope to hear from you in order to be able to maintain our high standard of service.
Paul-eric@sanctumsoho.com

Reviewed 20 October 2012

After seeing the development of the hotel on the BBC a few years ago this was on my list of must visit hotels. My husband booked it as a surprise for our 10th wedding anniversary but was concerned after reading a few negative reviews on trip advisor so called the hotel directly. His main concerns were about the noisy rooms and limited access to the roof bar and hot tub. The hotel were very helpful and assured him that we would have access to the terrace bar and the room was situated away from any disturbance. When we arrived I was over the moon and the icing on the cake was the upgrade on our room we received. We were shown to our room by a guy in a bowler hat who was a great fun character. The room was fantastic with a bath on a bed of lit glass beads. We went straight up to the roof top bar and received yet again great service. After a fab meal at a nearby Italian( recommended by the hotel) and a few more drinks out we returned to the hotel and isn't long before we were in the hot tub with a bottle of bubbly. My husband and I had a truly memorable anniversary weekend and thank the staff for being so welcoming. We can't wait to return!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hannah B

Dear Hannah,
Thank you very much for your kind feedback. We are all very delighted that we made your stay delightful.
We look forward to welcome you very soon back.

Reviewed 2 October 2012

I have stayed in London many times for various reasons, be it business or leisure and this hotel tops all the others! For this particular stay i wanted a quick weekend getaway with my other half.

I was busy all week so one of my employees called the hotel directly on my behalf, she spoke to Paul who helped her find the best rates and giae loads of top tips (before we had even booked!) as i was looking for something different e.g. parking and restaurants. Once the reservation was complete Paul emailed me the confirmation again giving me more hints and tips! Fantastic service!

When i arrived at the hotel i couldn't of been happier with the location - was central enough to get pretty much anywhere by walking yet still had the charm of a small boutique hotel in a quiet area. The only downside was the lady i spoke to at reception. She had quite a bad attitude, im not sure whether this was because we were a young couple (early 20's) or if she treats every customer this way. I am a sales manager in retail and know the importance of not judging a book by its cover - something she may need to learn. The only thing that made me look past this was the fact they had upgraded our room for free! We were told the hotel had a private function on the roof terrace until 12 am - this didn't bother us as we had other plans for most of the night.

When we entered our room i was more than pleasantly surprised! After hearing about how small the rooms were i was slightly anxious. We had a Double Deluxe - a white and cream room with large wardrobe space, huge bed and plenty of room to get ready. The best thing about the room? The shower!!!! I find the quality of water pressure in hotels to be slightly weak - that is not the case here. We were late for our dinner reservations that evening as my other half spent too long in the shower! We also found the room was completely sound proof - couldn't hear a thing!

After our night out myself and my partner decided to have one last night cap upstairs on the roof top terrace. It had such a great atmosphere and a great bunch of people there! The drinks were slightly on the expensive side - I did expect London prices however we had just come from The Rooftop Gardens in Kensington. 2 Long Island Iced Teas at the rooftop was £25.80 - at the Sanctum £24.60 and the alcohol was not top shelf.

All in all this was a great stay! For my job i get to travel the world and stay in 5 star hotels so i do set my standards high - If anyone comes to London i would be more than happy to recommend this hotel - I'm sure i will return!

Room Tip: Double Deluxe - Its worth it!
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Katie V
Sanctum2011, Manager at Sanctum Soho Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2012

Dear Katie,
Thank you very much for your feedback!
I am glad you had a nice time with us at the Sanctum Soho! I just wanted to let you know that I have spoken to the lady at reception and apologize for the disagreement.

See you very soon!

Rooms Div Manager

Reviewed 24 September 2012

I stayed here with my OH for a birthday. The hotel is absolutely gorgeous, and the cleanest I've ever stayed in. However, when we walked in, the staff at the desk seemed shocked and taken aback when I said I had a reservation. Anyway, we were seen to our room which was a good size. The four poster was huge and the details of the room - like the diamante door handles - really set it apart from the rest. I was hoping to have use of the roof terrace/hot tub etc as it was a special occasion and a surprise, but there was a private function on the terrace - and it was LOUD. We weren't too bothered by the noise, but if I'd been staying for business rather than pleasure, I would've complained. However, the location and decor make up for the rest, and we would stay again, purely because it's in such a great location - not so much for the service.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Sanctum2011, Manager at Sanctum Soho Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2012

Hi Rebecca,

Thank you very much for your kind comment!

We don't honor fully private functions on the roof anymore since a couple of month, so I am surprised.

In regards of the reception staff I am surprised as well and I definitely need to investigate who it was.

I would really appreciate if you could contact me directly at the hotel to discuss your feedback further.

Kindest regards,