The Old Ship Inn
US$391
US$330
Hotels.com
  • Pool
K+K Hotel George(London)(Great Value!)
US$266
US$412
US$318
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Park Plaza London Riverbank(London)(Great Value!)
US$213
  • Room Service
US$483
US$447
  • Pool
All reviewshackney empirecreaky floorboardsoverground stationbed and breakfastlovely roomstayed here for two nightsfull englishpleasant staydouble bednoisehipsterhairdryerearplugsshampootheatrepubs
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 February 2014

Traveled from London to Paris. This was our London Hotel. It was nice, great service and food. The rooms were tiny but compared to a dorm it was fine, especially for the price. We took the tube into the city everyday, but it isn't that long, definitely not a hassle. I liked it and so did my boyfriend. It was cute and had character. Hackney has a few bars and it was an interesting scene. Only con is that the bed was ridiculous firm and uncomfortable.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Chose this pub as we'd just been to the cinema over the road, and on first entering it is a nice place with plenty of space to sit down. Unfortunately this is the only good thing I can say about the place.

The barman (tall guy with dark slicked back hair and facial hair) didn't seem to be on this planet. He ignored us when we went up to the bar, told my friend they didn't do house red wine and didn't suggest anything else. Then conversation went like this:

Me: Can I have a sauvignon blanc please?
Barman : No. (blank stare)
Me: Errrr, why?
Barman: We don't have any.
Me: Do you have anything else then?
Barman: We have the house white wine.
Me: I thought you didn't do house wine.
Barman: We do but it's really bad.
Me: Do you have anything nice then??

Finally got our drinks. Sat down next to the kitchen, and the area where they were putting the food out for the B&B guest brekkie the next day. Lo and behold a couple of mice were running about.

Told the barman who responded "What do you want me to do about it? It's London there are mice everywhere." Then he bizarrely came out from the bar (looking annoyed that we'd disturbed him) and took pictures of the mice on his phone. But did nothing.

Really gross that there were mice around the food prep area. I wouldn't ever come back here!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Maneenz
Reviewed 25 January 2014 via mobile

Perfect for empire or town hall. Room was lovely, staff great. Food (lunch and breakfast) delicious. Parking wasn't too bad cos it was weekend. My only criticism would be that I emailed before I booked and the reply I got was of a tone that nearly put me off all together. Instead I booked through late rooms. I don't know who answered my email because the staff I met during my visit couldn't have been more helpful.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 January 2014

If want a faulty towers experience stay here, rooms ok but basic, no communication regarding breakfast and wasn't available till 9am ,after been kept awake by people in bar till way after 2am got a fire alarm waking usup at 6.30 no one on staff site for instructions fire brigade came found false alarm but couldn't turn off alarm no staff came till 8am to turn itoff just worry if been a real fire what would happened room guests were left on there own told owner on his arrive said it was express checkout rooms did not need anyone there !,,very disappointed lovely food and drink but falls short of the 4 star rating on rooms it gives it self and quite worrying on health and safety side..

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank julieharris1931
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Stayed here as a couple while visiting our daughter. Upgraded to evening meal. Clean, comfortable, quiet. Good service. Will stay again. Steep stairs. Great atmosphere in the bar/restaurant. Very friendly staff.

Room Tip: Be sure not too leave it too late for breakfast. Some self service items ran out.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple