The Bermondsey Square Hotel
US$169
US$153
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
London House Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$107
US$194
US$150
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Park Grand London Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
US$131
US$118
US$221
US$191
galahotels.com
  • Restaurant
The Nadler Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
US$162
US$135
Agoda.com
1,407 results
All reviewslondon bridgehot tublucy suitegreat view of the shardminute walkrain showercomfortable bedrestaurants and barssouth banklovely hotelboutique hotelreception staffwalk in showertube stationa lovely stayshower headweekend break
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 May 2014

My husband and I stayed here after our wedding for our first night and while the room was clean and pleasant, we were disappointed with the service and attitude of the staff. It was fairly obvious we had just got married, given I was still in a wedding dress and my husband in a morning suit, but the reception staff didn't even smile at us let alone say congratulations when we arrived. The breakfast was disappointing too. Overall, the hotel itself is nice but the staff really need to work on the service.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Robert_Holland, General Manager at The Bermondsey Square Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Dear Susannah1985
Thank you for your review. I am very sorry that your welcome was not what you deserved on your special day and please allow me the opportunity to make it up to you. Kindly contact me at the hotel so that I may discuss this with you.
regards

Reviewed 6 May 2014

This hotel has a comfortable bed en bathroom. It has a good quality-prices balance. At night you don't hear sounds of traffic. The location is fine. You have to take a bus to go to the metro, but you can also walk about 15 min.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 May 2014

The Bermondsey Square hotel is a surprisingly sleek establishment. In the double we were in, the décor and room layout was interestingly modern without being silly about it, the bed was large and comfortable, and the bathroom (no bath) had excellent quality toiletries, and a very, very good big shower (something that somehow always adds to how positive I feel about hotels). The hotel has a comfortable bar area and although we didn’t eat there, the restaurant looks pretty decent too, but don’t expect a lavishly large reception – that’s small and functional. There’s a Sainsbury’s Local next to the hotel that’s useful too.

The hotel makes for a good alternative if you want to stay in and explore an area of London that may get less attention from tourists than the usual suspects. It’s only a10 minute walk from London Bridge, Tower Bridge, and the surprisingly interesting bits south of the river that sometimes get overlooked. The Bermondsey Street area was also a surprise in terms of lovely looking little cafes and eateries, and felt “real” and “local” rather than geared up for the tourist trade.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CV1
Reviewed 1 May 2014

As with all London hotels the rate was pumped due to high demand with the Tube strike.

The service was OK and the room a delight, with a modern room and great layout. The bathroom had a good walk in shower although I suspect the drainage channels need more regular removal and cleaning as I think they were the cause of a slight wiff.

Good WiFi service despite odd sign-in arrangements and there was a great selection in TV channels.

Breakfast was OK but I do think some training is needed on making porridge as might was luke warm and not properly cooked.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank StephenCKendal
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

I booked here for my husbands birthday on a rare night out without children.

When we arrived at what the website proclaimed to be "the trendiest hotel in the UK" we were surprised to find the reception was more reminiscent of a backpackers hostel than a trendy hotel. After a perfunctory greeting from the sullen receptionist we found our room.

We had paid extra for one of the Club rooms that promised " more space, more luxury, bigger wet-room". I really fail to see how there could possibly have been less space to fit the average sized bed and desk that was in the room. Perhaps I could have swung a slightly larger cat than in the regular rooms. My husband phoned reception to check we had definitely been assigned a club room. "Yes" the man on the phone asssured him. "But it says on your website that the rooms are bigger and they couldn't physically be any smaller". "I'll check our website then" said the man. And that was the end of that.

Everything was tired. The desk was covered in scratches, the tiles in the bathroom were cracked, the grouting was in serious need of a good scrub and I don't think the drench showers had ever been descaled (meaning the water only came out of random holes because a lot of them were blocked with limescale) .

On checking out, there was the option to fill in a card for quick check out which said to put the card in a box at reception. There was no box so we stood in the long queue. "Sorry, but I couldn't find a box to put this in" I said to the receptionist. "That's okay, there isn't one, I'll take the card". Why wasn't there a box?

It just reminded me of a Premier Inn with better toiletries. Had my expectations (and bill) been more realistic then I wouldn't have been so dissapointed.

The area is nice though. Lots of lovely bars and cafés and nicely away from the tourist trail.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
6  Thank Kez2008
Robert_Holland, General Manager at The Bermondsey Square Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Dear Kez2008
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. I am very sorry that you feel that we over promised and if you wouldn't mind contacting me directly with the details of your stay, I can perhaps look into why the miscommunication happened.

Our Club Rooms are on the 6th Floor and offer added benefits of a drench shower and a viSpring bed as well as superior views, but all of our rooms are of a set size; those to the rear are 21m and those overlooking the square are 24m. We also provide bathrobes and complimentary newspapers to the Club rooms and Suites.

I do hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Hotel and I would like to have the opportunity to leave you with a better impression of the hotel.

Kind regards