“Very Poor Experiance”
Review of Cinnamon Spice

Cinnamon Spice
Reserve with OpenTable
Cinnamon Spice is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,587 of 23,713 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Marylebone
Transit: Tube Baker Street/Marylebone Station Buses: 139, 274, 18,30, 27
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Actually had a take-a way here on Friday 15th Nov. I ordered Onion Bhaji, Lamb Pasanda, Pillau Rice and a Paratha. I only really enjoyed the Paratha which was freshly made. The Lamb did not taste anything like lamb and was of very dubious origin. The staff just not seem to be either interested or even courteous. Very disappointing!

1  Thank LeginLeets

Reviewed 16 October 2013

We had a group booking here, so there were 18 of us. We had to cancel the 1st the booking at short notice, however the manage was extremely understanding and was happy to accomodate us on another date. The restaurant has a private space out the back which can easily accomodate up to 30 people I guess. On the night, the staff were attentive and regularly 'checked up on us'. My one complaint was that the food took some time to arrive. However when you consider they were having to cook 18 seperate dinners, I can understand the delay and all the food was served together so n one was kept waiting while the rest ate.

The venue is in a good location close to transport. The food good, the staff polite and the prices very reasonable.

Reviewed 3 July 2013

As a lone woman in London, staying in an apartment after a business meeting, I have rarely had such excellent customer service - and the food was excellent too. I phoned and explained that I had a dairy intolerance, asked if could have a delivery also could I pay by card (needed to keep cash to get back to station the next morning) food arrived and was really well cooked and extremely tasty - chicken tikka, medium curry sauce and plain basmati rice. Seems a simple meal can also be well executed.

Reviewed 11 June 2013

Let me start by saying I very rarely criticise restaurants. I am very easy to please indeed and often meet with friends for an Indian. I love the stuff and humble high street curry houses as well as more haute cuisine ones all please me. I have read other reviews of this restaurant and am baffled as to why my meal tonight was so disgusting. Disgusting it was, I am afraid. I ordered a peanut based curry with chicken. The chicken was clearly 'shapes ' of some moulded reconstituted chicken, not succulent fresh chicken but a chicken product ofmsomemsort compressed into worrying regular oval slabs. It was hard, chewy and stringy and dried out. The sauce was bland and had the rice was under cooked. There was very little flavour at all and added to the revolting meat substitute made for horrible eating. I am sorry to be so negative butninshall never eat there again andnadvisenyou not to. The staff were very friendly but the food was substandard. The menu looks exciting and different from high street curry houses. However, I suggest you eat elsewhere. Sorry.

Reviewed 14 May 2013 via mobile

The food at Cinnamon Spice was great and the service was excellent. I really like Indian food and was very surprised by a great northern Indian dish (sort of a hot and sour dish). Good surprises are worth the trip!