“Happy Hour Cocktails”

Dirty Martini Covent Garden
Ranked #2,756 of 22,374 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Bar
Good for: Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Drinks, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Neighbourhood: Covent Garden
Description: With beautiful bespoke cocktails, glamorous interiors and some of London's best DJs, Dirty Martini Covent Garden is the perfect place for a sophisticated night with a spirited twist! Perfectly located close to Covent Garden & Charing Cross tube stations & open late every night.
“Happy Hour Cocktails”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

Had a few cocktails whilst in town, music was good, lots of people, bar tenders where mixing there cocktails like crazy, had a good amount of table to sit at.

Ambience was great but the drinks finished to quick, the girl collecting the glasses asked us if we wanted more cocktails and we said yes and told her, but she never came back and the bar was starting to get crowded so we decided to leave.

1 Thank lorraineJLondon

Northwood
“Great martinis - don't go on a Saturday night”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

This is a basement bar, our reserved "area" was right at the bottom of the stairs so not convenient as many people walking into some of our seats. There was supposed to be table service but in 20 minutes couldn't get anyone's attention so I went to the bar; waited 15 minutes there and only got noticed when I leaned right over the bar as if I was asleep - my desperate look told the barman just to get my drinks (ordered two cos I wasn't queueing again) and not to do his Tom Cruise bit cos I just wasn't interested. Apart from that the drinks were very nice and there was a good range of martinis and other cocktails, would have liked to have tried more of them but the waiting time was just too much. I would go back during the week maybe early evening and will probably take my friend there when she visits. The atmosphere and music was pretty good but they do need to get their act together regarding service - maybe have computerised ordering and paying at the table so all they have to do is serve and not take orders. The bar can be found on the piazza close to Russell Street, not actually on the main drag, just along from the Transport Museum.

1 Thank Rhondajune
Hartley Wintney, United Kingdom
“you might get a drink if you spend long enough fliting with the bartender”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

We popped here for some cocktails. The bar was in no way busy, There was only one couple sat outside and lots of tables free inside.

The bartender continued to speak to one female, about 5 minutes later asked for our order, he then offered to bring our drinks to us so we sat down. Another ten minutes later, he was still wondering around, talking and pratting about with a bottle cap I enquired as to where our drinks were and he stated he had forgotten and then tried to quickly make us a drink....

At £9.50 for 1 cocktail I expected a lot more from this place especially given that at one point there were 3 barmen behind the bar and 3 seperate people welcomed us into the place....

To us dirty Martini = dirty service

Visited August 2014
2 Thank P_84503832
CGManagement, Manager at Dirty Martini Covent Garden, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Hi There

We would like to get in touch to find out more about your experience with us. Please could you email your contact details, along with the bar you visited, to laura.emily@cgrestaurants.com

London, United Kingdom
“The staff make it clear they do not want you there!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

In reading other reviews I see I am not the only one who has experiences hostile security who simply do not want you to be there!

After going outside to make a phone call security were refusing to let me back in but wouldn't give me any reason as to why. When I asked to talk to the manager, again no reason was given and it seemed that I was not allowed to go back insdie because I was asking to go back inside! [no mention of you have had too much to drink because I clearly had not].

Very disspointed, I just did not understand what was going on and recption is bad so it was a while before my friends found out I had gone home!

The place seems to be going downhill with heavy handed security and run a as though it is a teenage nightclub when it always used to be a place for profssionals who wanted a fun atmosphere.

4 Thank Kristy7898
Hi Kristy

We are concerned to hear about your experience with us and would like to find out more. Please could you email your contact details to laura.emily@cgrestaurants.com so we can get in touch?

London, United Kingdom
“The worst experience ever”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

We had spent a couple of hours in this bar and stayed until last orders. However, for some reason, the bar staff were being so slow that it was pretty much 5 minutes before closing that we had our last drinks.
Literally as soon as we sat down the bouncer came over and told us to finish up. We told him no as we'd just bought drinks and we would like to finish them, we said he could refund them or let us drink them and then he just said he'd be back in a minute and we'd better have finished or he will 'carry us out' - his words.
He kept coming over hassling us, bearing in mind that this was pretty much only 5 minutes after the bar had closed!
The bar staff were still clearing up so it's not like we were keeping them from going home and by law we have about 20/30 mins to finish our drinks following last orders. So they should not have served us if they wanted us to leave at the exact closing time.
The bouncer continued to get angry and when we finally left called us f***ing c**ts as we thanked the bar staff and left.
Do not go to this bar unless you want to be treated like scum. We will never be going back and will always tell people about this awful experience.
Having been to this place many times before and having spent an awful lot of money in this establishment we were utterly disgusted by the way we were treated by this horrendous man.

5 Thank jenjenss
CGManagement, Manager at Dirty Martini Covent Garden, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Hi Jennifer

We're so sorry to hear this has happened and would really like to find out more about your experience. Please could you email your contact information to laura.hammond@cgrestaurants.com so we can get in touch!