“Excellent pad thai”

Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Pimlico
Description: City commuters and dumpling enthusiasts alike love stopping by Dim T near London's Victoria station for after-work meals and leisurely lunches. Chic and cosy, Dim T restaurant serves up healthy steamed dim sum, hot cups of green tea and a selection of noodles, soups and classic curries that are simple, healthy, and blushingly brilliant. Popular with socialistas, media folk and dumpling connoisseurs, Dim T is an affordable and unshowy venue for business lunches and dinner dates, and the theatrical open-plan kitchen means you can watch the chefs steaming, and frying your food into palatable perfection. We love the chicken, wasabi and mushroom dim sum, the crispy duck pancakes and the won ton soup.
Gothenburg, Sweden
“Excellent pad thai”
Reviewed 1 March 2013 via mobile

Dimt is a smart and designed restaurant with good service and dishes. Upper priceclass for asian food but without being expensive. The pad thai was great and well worth the price. Service was good and fast allthough with small misstakes. Don't miss out on the chocolate bento box!

• Turkish first
Saint-Julien, Rhone-Alpes, France
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“good food for a decent price but poor service”
Reviewed 12 February 2013

4 of us went to eat there on Chinese new year's eve because it was close to our Hotel, the food was alright for the price we paid but we waited for ages and the service was absolutely hopeless: not enough personnel (only 2 for the whole restaurant) and our server had no idea of what he was doing, we got served after a group of people that arrived 20 min after us, we asked for a starter that came 15 min after our main courses and a glass of wine that actually never came even though we told the guy several times we were getting pretty angry...and he was just wondering around back and forth behind the bar and empty handed (the drinks were sitting on that bar all that time).... bad experience

• Visited February 2013
London, England
“Great food every time”
Reviewed 8 February 2013

I've been to this branch 3 or 4 times now. The best thing on the menu has to be the Duck Salad, by a country mile. That is not to say any other meals are bad, but it is so brilliant. Finding a good salad is actually quite difficult in restaurants - a lot of restaurants have them on the menu because they feel they have to, and the salads are crap. Not so here. The Duck & Pomegranate salad is amazing and HEFTY - there is a LOT on the plate so don't fill yourselves with a bunch of starters.

On this occasion I had the Japanese Glazed Chicken Salad, as I didn't want to overdo the duck salad and then get bored of it. A photo of the glazed chicken salad is attached - it's nice but unless you are allergic to duck there is only one salad choice!

If you have not been to Dim T before, the starters are great here so pick one to share if you are going with two people. I see other reviews mentioning service, I can't really remember to comment either way.

• Visited January 2013
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious”
Reviewed 4 February 2013

Ah, dim t. I've become very fond of this restaurant; my sister and I now go there every time I come up to London.

In my opinion, the food is delicious - especially the Japanese Fried Rice, which has fast become my favourite dish. It's a deep bowl, too, and really fills you up. This is also one of the few places which serves tasty tofu (I normally find it too chewy or bland)! I'm also a sucker for their spicy edamame beans.

I have a few qualms, which don't massively spoil the experience for me personally but I feel should be shared. For one thing, it can get pretty noisy in the evenings (around the 7pm mark). Service can sometimes be a bit slow, and if you're not having a leisurely catch-up session like my sister and I often do (!) then the waiting period may grate on your nerves. Also, the toilets are located downstairs in a dark, tight space...I recommend avoiding if the slightest bit claustrophobic!

But, I feel the good outweighs the bad. On a final note, the staff are friendly and you get a fortune cookie with the bill! I'm looking forward to my next visit.

• Visited November 2012
London, United Kingdom
“Good menu, very average service”
Reviewed 23 January 2013

Nice selection on the menu including all the old favourites - crispy duck and pan cakes, char Sui buns, Thai red curry, Singapore noodles etc. prices are reasonable but very disjointed and slow service on all the occasions I've been there.

Visited January 2013