“Romantic evening”

Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Pimlico
Description: City commuters and dumpling enthusiasts alike love stopping by Dim T near London's Victoria station for after-work meals and leisurely lunches. Chic and cosy, Dim T restaurant serves up healthy steamed dim sum, hot cups of green tea and a selection of noodles, soups and classic curries that are simple, healthy, and blushingly brilliant. Popular with socialistas, media folk and dumpling connoisseurs, Dim T is an affordable and unshowy venue for business lunches and dinner dates, and the theatrical open-plan kitchen means you can watch the chefs steaming, and frying your food into palatable perfection. We love the chicken, wasabi and mushroom dim sum, the crispy duck pancakes and the won ton soup.
Reviewed 16 July 2014

It was our last night in London and we reserved a table at Dim t for dinner. The atmosphere was warm. We ate inside but they have an extensive grouping of tables outside as well. A busy neighborhood but quiet inside with great service. The waiter was extremely helpful in explaining the various selections on the menu. A nice find in near Victoria Station.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

As being an Oriental person, this restaurant does pretty much things they don't know or inexperienced. This was my second time of visits actually as my friends like oriental foods, so did we. From my first experience, I ordered Japanese curry udon noodle, which turned out (Thai green) curry with Japanese udon, which was not a good match. I, as a Japanese, this is not what we call curry udon. Hence this time I chose something they CAN'T fail which they failed at the end. I don't remember the name of the dish, but it was named like Clay-pot chicken or something, and yes...clay-pot... It was a chicken with bits of veggies cooked in a pan transferred into a cold clay-pot... what was the point of having clay-pot? You normally expect it to be sizzling hot when you open the lid, no? No wonder the waitress brought it to me with bare hand. No sizzling inside or rather luke warm chicken that was. This restaurant seems to be fairly busy but taste of dishes seems all ingenuine as you can see most waiters are caucasians. My friends had Laksa noodle, which wasn't good either. No third time, I'm afraid...

1  Thank 412ashz
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I love DimT in Victoria; the food is great and it's reasonably priced for Central London.

We ate dinner on a Friday evening - it can get busy so we had rung ahead and booked.

We were greeted warmly on arrival, and were offered the choice of indoor/outdoor as the weather was nice, but we opted for indoors.

To start, we had some of the dim sum - these are what were recommended to me the first time went, and there is a wide range, all delicious. We went for a couple of the chicken options, and they did not disappoint.

For mains, we went for Pad Thai and Katsu Curry - nicely made and very tasty.

We had banana fritters and toffee sauce and chocolate brownie for dessert - very good indeed, as were the double expressos we had too.

Drinks were Tiger beer, a very zingy and fresh tasting mandarin mojito and water.

On this visit, service was great up until the point we ordered pudding. A couple of larger tables arrived at the same time - then they kind of lost it a bit service-wise and we were overlooked for around 25 mins from ordering our pudding, to getting it.

That was the only bad thing, and it has not happened to us in there before.

In terms of accessibility, its easy to get to, and well laid out, so disabled access and pushchairs ought not to be problematic. Disabled facilities are upstairs, with the other bathroom facilities downstairs.

1  Thank GeorgiaK136
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

Came here for lunch with colleagues. Food is tasty but relatively expensive. Service is ok but not remarkable.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Great food. We had Miso and Wonton soup for starters. We also had Japanese Fried Rice Prawn, Singapore Fried noodle, Glazed chicken salad and teriyaki chicken. Nice and quiet for family outing.