“Well worth a visit”

Neighbourhood: Holborn
Manchester
“Well worth a visit”
Reviewed 27 April 2013

It's always good to find an Italian restaurant in the UK with an interesting and varied menu that doesn't contain the usual standbys. The food is unpretentious and tasty, so much better than the chain restaurants that proliferate, and the portions are just the right size without being too much. Good wine list too. The service was excellent throughout the meal. Next time I'm in the area I'll definitely be looking to go back.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank stentorio

Harrow, England, United Kingdom
“Sadly quite rude and unhelpful”
Reviewed 28 March 2013

I am a P.A. and I booked a table for 3 people for a business lunch for our company with an Italian gentleman over the telephone. When the party arrived they were told they did not have a table booked!!!! and they could not accommodate 3 people as they were too busy. No apologies, they were just very rude and to my embarrassment the party had to go elsewhere. When I telephoned to find out what had happened they answered the phone with "what do you want, we are too busy" or words to that effect. We will not be booking again. Politeness does not cost anything.

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank Kami92
London, England, United Kingdom
“Best Italian restaurant in London”
Reviewed 25 January 2013

This must be the best there is without a doubt, and I surely know being myself Italian and spending so much time in restaurants all over the world because of work. This little gem is quite hidden (thank God for that or you wouldn't be able to book a table) and quite cosy. The food is just superb every single time, varied and beautifully prepared. Excellent and quick service and the wine list can satisfy the most demanding conosseur.
Fabrizio himself is a wonderful host and has a personal touch for every each one of his guests.
I have brought clients as well as friends and it is a triumph every single time.
Bravo Fabrizio, and please do not advertise where you are otherwise I will have to fight for a table next time...

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank FranzPAGOT
London, United Kingdom
“This is a great little family restaurant with excellent food”
Reviewed 19 January 2013

Fabrizio has built up a following of faithful regulars for very good reason. There is always a warm welcome here, the food varies from good to specatcular (in particular the starters) and there are always some interesting new dishes of the day. You always get a sense of people enjoying themsleves and quite right too! This is my favourite place to take friends and they always want to go back.

• Visited January 2013
“Great little Italian!”
Reviewed 11 November 2012

This lovely little Italian restaurant kick started our recent short trip to London. What a start! The food was wonderful and the service attentive. We had a short wait despite booking in advance but customers leaving actually commented on how worth the wait it would be. They were not wrong. A chicken liver with mushroom starter dish was beautifully cooked and my companions found their starters equally lovely. Squid ink risotto had a great flavour and the Sicilian cheesecake to finish was really light and had a lovely flavour.
It's definitely worth a visit and I don't think anyone would be disappointed. I would go back on a return visit without doubt.

• Visited November 2012